Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could someone tell me how long ford give for paint warranty? I've got a 2008 model and got rust appearing on my rear wheel arch . looks like the bumper has been rubbing it

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
That's a common problem and is not covered by the paint warranty. The paint warranty only covers perforation, i.e. rusting from the inside out.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
That's a common problem and is not covered by the paint warranty. The paint warranty only covers perforation, i.e. rusting from the inside out.
, and the warranty is 12yrs for perforation! I wouldn't imagine it's worth the paper it's written on though, as 99% of garages'll say that the paint is damaged, which caused it!

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
The arch rusting is a common problem it's where the bumper rubs the paint away same as with the boot lid where the washer jet hose comes through it rusts under there as well

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I dont think they cover it though, unless you have had a paint inspection when you had a service they dont cover it? Or am i talking rubbish? Lol

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I dont think they cover it though, unless you have had a paint inspection when you had a service they dont cover it? Or am i talking rubbish? Lol
Whilst they use this as an excluse, I woudl like ot see them actual defend such a claim at court, having said that I woudl rather pay myself and take my car to somewhere I trust than let the main dealer take it to however they can find that will do the job for as little as possible.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I know with bmw you had to have dealer service stamps, as my e46 i had it started to rust on the rear wings and boot lid this car was out of warranty by 5yrs there paint warranty was 12yrs,and they did it for me free of charge, with ford i fink it will be the same as long you got the paint check stamps u will be fine from what the ford dealer i use says.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts