Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I have a very very very stubborn stain on my bonnet paint work. It was there when I bought it and thought I could get it off but no luck. I think it's a bird poop stain. I've clayed it and scratch x'd it and nothing will make a dent.

Please - any help? Any idea's?? Arghhhhh!

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Bird poo is probably the worst thing to get on your car and with yours being black like mine I know how much it can show up. I made the mistake of leaving my car under a tree when I was working away in the van and came back a week later it had bird **** all over it, most of it come of with no marks but one on the roof about the size of a 50p is still there.

I had tried various polishes including meguirs but I think the clear coat has been damaged by the acid in the poo, my last try is going to be Qiuxx repair system which is mainly a scratch removal so will have to see.

Other than that it will have to be machine polished out to removed the damaged clear coat which is best to leave for a detailer to do.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
well id try a good machine polish or if that failed id measure the laquer thickness and try a 2000gritt flat back and polish back up but if that goes wrong you will need a paint repair.
try and get a pic and ill "try" and tell you if it can be removed...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(gray @ 4 Jan 2010, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well id try a good machine polish or if that failed id measure the laquer thickness and try a 2000gritt flat back and polish back up but if that goes wrong you will need a paint repair.
try and get a pic and ill "try" and tell you if it can be removed...

Thanks guys. I will try and get a pic but the crappy weather has stopped me so far as cant get a clear pic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I do the odd paintwork correction and nearly always you will need the area wet sanded and machine polished. Make sure you get somebody competant to do it because it's easy to get wrong!! Shouldnt cost more than 40-75 for a pro job.

Jason

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had the same on my bonnet, saw a few pros about it and they all agreed that they could not remove it and the only way to go was a full respray of the bonnet. The acid effect of the bird poo (thanks to the previous owner) had damaged the paintwork and looked like it had infected the paintwork under the laquer.

I had the bonnet resprayed and a perfect job done for £120 at a Ford bodyshop. I'm happy with that... and I also have AG bird poo wipes in my door at all times aswell now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts