Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

i went and got a quote today to get the rear quarter of my car resprayed as some1 hit it with there door:angry: and all four wheels refurbed and sprayed anthracite the price was £140 for the rear quarter plus VAT and it was £45 per wheel total was £376 is this a good competative price or should i try else where?

thanks

·
Registered
423 Posts
Someone caught the back of my dad's Jag and the paint started coming off. He went to someone he knew and it was £100 to have the back bumper all resprayed.

So £140 doesn't seem to overly priced

·
Registered
592 Posts
hi all,

i went and got a quote today to get the rear quarter of my car resprayed as some1 hit it with there door:angry: and all four wheels refurbed and sprayed anthracite the price was £140 for the rear quarter plus VAT and it was £45 per wheel total was £376 is this a good competative price or should i try else where?

thanks
If you let me know the garage or if you want me to find you one close to you then PM me . I work for a paint supplier and can suggest a bodyshop that will give you a fair quote and it will be gauranteed. Often prices change depending on work loads of the bodyshops. You can also try a cash price .

Chris

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you let me know the garage or if you want me to find you one close to you then PM me . I work for a paint supplier and can suggest a bodyshop that will give you a fair quote and it will be gauranteed. Often prices change depending on work loads of the bodyshops. You can also try a cash price .

Chris
PM'D m8

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I am never realy concerned about the price of any body repairs, it is the quality that counts

I have been barred from many bodyshops due to the quality not being to my expected standard. Once you find someone you trust stick with them

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Totally agree, nothing worse than a shoddy repair.
+1, I paid to have 2 wheels on my Leon FR after kerbing them, it seemed cheap and they were mobile, after about a year the paint was falling off and you could see the old paint which was slightly darker underneath. I would tend to work on £50 per wheel for a good job, I paid a fair bit less than that last time though!

Cheap is often just that!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Not a bad quote. I need to get both doors, O/S & N/S wheel arch, Both rear quarters & the rear bumper sprayed (basically everything but the bonnet & front bumper) and I have asked a guy does some top quality work. It's gonna cost me £500 for a cash job so £140 for a single pannel doesn't sound too bad or too amazing either. I would shop around though and also ask them if they will take cash in hand for an out of hours job (it's worth a try, most of them will if you ask the right guy, usually the boss).

If you want to know why I have to do this... my car appears tobe a chav magnet and the car has been keyed and scratched on most of the pannels and this is the second time it has happened in 3 years! A'holes!

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Not a bad quote. I need to get both doors, O/S & N/S wheel arch, Both rear quarters & the rear bumper sprayed (basically everything but the bonnet & front bumper) and I have asked a guy does some top quality work. It's gonna cost me £500 for a cash job so £140 for a single pannel doesn't sound too bad or too amazing either. I would shop around though and also ask them if they will take cash in hand for an out of hours job (it's worth a try, most of them will if you ask the right guy, usually the boss).

If you want to know why I have to do this... my car appears tobe a chav magnet and the car has been keyed and scratched on most of the pannels and this is the second time it has happened in 3 years! A'holes!
If I were you and were fetting everything done barring the bonnet, bumper and tailgate, I would get these done also regardless of the few extra £££'s to ensure you end up with a perfect match and finish.

Nb £500 is very cheap for what you have described

1 - 11 of 11 Posts