Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning. So what with the temp dropping recently, and I've noticed this before, the cold temp light on the dash comes on and a single beep goes off as soon as it drops to 4c. Only an orange light, know that it goes red the closer it gets to 0. However, last couple of days, dash says 4, light comes on, beep goes off, fine, but then the beep goes off again about a minute or two later, no drop in temp on the display and no colour change, just the beep goes off again. Done this twice now.

The car is filthy, just wondered if it's likely to have muck over the sensor? If you reckon that could be it, where is the outside temp sensor? Bumper somewhere?

Thanks, Simon.

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
I suspect the temperature is merely fluctuating around 4 degrees.

The temperature readout (i.e. the display) in the car rounds to the nearest degree I believe, whereas the sensor is much more sensitive than that.

If the temperature is fluctuating around 3.6 to 4.4 degrees, the display in the car will continue to show 4 degrees, but the "chime/orange snowflake" will activate every time it drops to 4.0 degrees or below.

Not sure on the facelift, but if you cycle through the display options on the pre-facelift you can get a much more accurate display of the temperature outside; this in turn will give you a better idea of what is going on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts