Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Please can someone advise the original tyre spec.

225 40 18 but what spec/rating

dont want to go based as whats on now - Falkens, as I dont like them, so going to get some Goodyear Eagle F1's

cheers David

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
The tyres fitted as standard depended on who Ford had a deal with at the time.

On the whole, most ST's came with Continental SportContact2 225 40 18 92W. The later cars came with Goodyear Excellence 225 40 18 92W.

Although many people fit Y rated tyres, the ST does not require them. A W speed rated tyre goes up to 168mph which is more than adequate for the ST.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I will be needing a new set of front tyres on 4th feb, have a track day booked at snetterton 2nd feb. any one recommend a decent set, looking at t1s or uniroyals.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just had tyre pressure light come on. Checked tyres, added air to the ' suspect '. What I want to know , if the worst happens when I recheck tomorrow, will the tyre be an easy one to find or is it Ford specific, ie expensive.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Just had tyre pressure light come on. Checked tyres, added air to the ' suspect '. What I want to know , if the worst happens when I recheck tomorrow, will the tyre be an easy one to find or is it Ford specific, ie expensive.
There a standard size mate. My dads 08 mondeo has exactly the same tyre size. The exact replacement tyre, eagle f1 from elite near me is £169 I think. You can get khumo for about £120 a corner. The avarage price for a premium brand is about £150ish.

I was looking the other day when I was board. I think I will definately stick with the eagles as them curb feelers (the bit of the tyre that sticks out to protect your rim) saved my alloy in a car park the other day lol haven't hit a curb for 3 years

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks Kev. It was the curb feelers that made me think they might be just for the ST. As everything is ' new ' at the mo, I'd like the same tyre on. I'll be on edge in the morning when the gauge goes on !

·
Registered
615 Posts
I've just ordered some Michelin pilot sport 3s as I have very little tread left after 5000 miles, alot of people ran them on the mk2 st.

Camskill is the best place for tyres as they are cheap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts