Location 300.00%
Location 42124.42%

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Fellow Enthusiasts...

Im in need of your opinions

Im shortly going to give my front bumper a spruce up with a respray and fitting the new zunsport stand alone grilles.

At the moment i have a vinyl plate fitted under the passenger side headlight (as per option 4). I am starting to go off this look as im a stickler for symmetry. I also do not want to run the risk anymore of getting stopped by the police.

(Ive knocked this up quickly in CAD,photoshop lisence ran out
)

Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Land vehicle Photograph

Is option 3 even advisable? Induction will be down at the fog light but will this cause any heating problems?

If you can think of another place to locate please say..

All opinions welcome...cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Think 3 will be in front of the air inlet, or at least partially blocking it. 1 looks the best, but not sure on legalities (isn'tthere a pugeout that has it there? 207?).

Still not seen a car where the off centre looks 'right'

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I cant vote for any of those options - what about the standard location? Still be better than normal as the solid parts at either side will be gone?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Technically, it is illegal to put it under the headlight. All number plates should be mounted in the center of the car, unless the design of the car doesn't allow it, then it is granted exemption for it to be mounted at the side. No legal exemption, no side plate.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the input people
. My personal preference before I put this up was option 1 which is currently 2nd in the poll.

Ill need to measure the section of bumper on option 2 to see if a legal plate will fit in the lines...

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Think 3 will be in front of the air inlet, or at least partially blocking it. 1 looks the best, but not sure on legalities (isn'tthere a pugeout that has it there? 207?).

Still not seen a car where the off centre looks 'right'
Yep, I seen a 207 tonight mate and its in the same place as that option so obviously isn't illegal.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But then it defeats the purpose of the open grille..... So that can't be "an option" I'm afraid.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts