Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
ST225 modified
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When buying online from Moonpig, Pizza Hut and others, you can be tricked into ticking a box for a trial of 'Complete Savings'.

This is apparently to save 10% on purchases from a range of stores but they take £15 a month from your bank account.

I had no idea I had 'agreed' to this until the money started to be taken and I didnt realise what it was for at first.

It's not illegal but it should be as you get no notification of being a member, or of the free trial ending.

I've cancelled it now but I doubt I'll get my money back.

Beware !

·
Registered
ST225 modified
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I was in a rush sending something from Moonpig and clicked on this just to get the order accepted.

I checked online and the are loads of negative reviews from people similarly tricked, some losing £100s before they notice.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems the Moonpig site has a pop-up box when ordering saying 'Would you like to save £XX on your next order ?'

This is how they get you to 'sign up' to the Complete Savings scam.

You get an email saying it's a free trial but they dont inform you when its ended and just start taking £15pm.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
15,435 Posts
They probably do, but in some T&C's that you have to look hard tro find. Personally I think it's an outrage that Moonpig et al would pass your payment details on to a third party!

·
Registered
ST225 modified
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems this has been going on for a while and caught a lot of people during the pandemic online shopping boom...

Needless to say they aren't interested in giving me a refund despite my complaint and not claiming anything from them, stating I had signed up for their scheme.

A total shower of *****.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts