Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

Read about the 10 sec hold to re-setup the one touch windows. Tried it and still the same.

Drivers window will go down with one touch but not up

Passangers is manual both ways - up and down.

Any ideas on whats up with it?

Rich

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I had this issue with my passenger window on my Mk3, don't know if it works the same but...

Bring the window all the way up, let go of the button. Pull the button to bring the window up again, even though it already is. Then take it all the way down, release the button, then press the button again to take it down even though it already is.

That fixed it for me. The manual says to keep repeating this until it works.

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,229 Posts
Hey all

Read about the 10 sec hold to re-setup the one touch windows. Tried it and still the same.

Rich
Passenger side is not one touch.

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Its how it was when i brought it a few months ago, presumed that because its one touch down it would have the one touch up on drivers side

Oki, thats why the passangers wont work
No mate. They're just one touch down. One touch up is an optional extra I think

·
Registered
962 Posts
I had this with my mk3 Mondeo. I think it's similar as described above however I used to start with the window closed and hold the close button down for 5 seconds or so, then hold open button until window is fully open, release and re hold open button for 5 seconds. Then hold close button until window is fully closed, release and re hold for 5 seconds.

That should do it.

Should...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Hey all

Rich
This is the standard way of operation on the MK2 ST without 'special' options like global close. I agree it's a crappy way of working not to have one-touch close as well as open on the driver's side, but unless anyone knows of a retro-fix then that's the way it is I'm afraid.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its a 08 facelift ST2 - checked its i dont have global close - guessing that how its going to stay then!

Retro fit kit would be great? Is it not an option that you can turn on with ELM?

Cheers for the replys lads

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Its a 08 facelift ST2 - checked its i dont have global close - guessing that how its going to stay then!

Retro fit kit would be great? Is it not an option that you can turn on with ELM?

Cheers for the replys lads
Yeah it is an option but as far as I'm aware it requires a load of wiring and some other hardware. It isn't worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,229 Posts
the manual tells you how to redo it, usualy needs reset after battery disconected.
This is what I thought too, but when I changed my battery earlier in the year I dod not have to reset the drivers side - it was one touch as before. On my pre facelift, the button has two positions. To invoke the one touch you have to press or pull to the second position. Might be different on later models.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Mine is only one touch down, gets on my nerves... i dont really see the point of having it for going down, i would have thought going up would be the most important

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Found this out on my 08 plate Mondeo after parking it up in Manchester and came back to it in the morning the window was fully down!! Think my passenger was messing around with it earlier and I thought it was wound up before I left it !

I can't remember what I did exactly but it consisted of holding one down or the other whilst doing something else....not much help here

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Tried this on my EO 07,icon t have global closure,it worked for the drivers side but not on passenger side

1 - 17 of 17 Posts