Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
331 Posts
Yeah, a well looked after subtle mk2 still commands respect, it seems that prices are starting to rise, which will put an end to the chav tag anyway.
I do hope so but we all know the more the value of the car the more likely they get heat from idiot thieves

·
Premium Member
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,621 Posts
The Mk2 is only a chav-mobile if its made to look and sound like one.

Mine with just a remap, IC and lowering springs goes great, handles well and looks OEM+.

I doubt anyone seeing it passing or parked thinks 'chav'.
Every time I moan about an idiot on the road, one of my friends always says it's because of the type of car I have...

He doesn't know much (anything) about cars and mines hardly loud (or visually modified)

He either has a point that proves you wrong or is just assuming because he knows it's an ST and thinks something of the chav tag 🤷

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
331 Posts
I think it also how you drive them and area. Where i live the only st owners are chav's and on mommy and daddys insurance kids, they rag the hell out of the cars in the 40 main road, many have crashed and found to be chav's and not someone who just loves the cars.

I do get it off my son that its due to the car and the noise it makes, which i'm sure his 100% right being around chavs in college and his been around classic cars since a young age, Also it attacks them, that is why they are always up your ass in traffic.

Don't worry the reform at the UC or job seekers will more than likely end a lot of them driving legal on the road.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,111 Posts
Every time I moan about an idiot on the road, one of my friends always says it's because of the type of car I have...

He doesn't know much (anything) about cars and mines hardly loud (or visually modified)

He either has a point that proves you wrong or is just assuming because he knows it's an ST and thinks something of the chav tag 🤷
This is something different which I posted a thread about... The ST Effect ?? :(

It's the effect that coming across my (or any) Focus ST has on a lot of other drivers. IMO Iit's nothing to do with it being considered a chav car, but more its reputation as a performance car that others think entitles then to overtake or pull away from proving them, or their car, superior.

Any sort of car/driver seems to see a need to do this, from a rich guy in a supercar to a kid in his mum's boggo hatch. Weird really, but I see it as a sort of compliment now, like my car is a sort of yardstick.

·
Premium Member
1,252 Posts
This is something different which I posted a thread about... The ST Effect ?? :(

It's the effect that coming across my (or any) Focus ST has on a lot of other drivers. IMO Iit's nothing to do with it being considered a chav car, but more its reputation as a performance car that others think entitles then to overtake or pull away from proving them, or their car, superior.

Any sort of car/driver seems to see a need to do this, from a rich guy in a supercar to a kid in his mum's boggo hatch. Weird really, but I see it as a sort of compliment now, like my car is a sort of yardstick.
I seriously considered not buying my ST after even on the test drive being tailgated by a Transit with viper stripes (nob) who was trying to race me on a narrow 40mph road.

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,111 Posts
I've seen two modified Mk3 ST's this week and I think they look even more 'chavvy' than a Mk2.

There's something just not right about a 5-door family car that just means it doesnt suit big spoilers, splitters, vents and noisy exhausts.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts