Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really like the idea of an improved gear change and I'm thinking about getting a vibra technics mount fitted at the same time as eibachs since all my tools and facilities are back in N Ireland.

What I was wondering was, are there any owners in the warwick/coventry area who have a mount fitted that would be kind enough to let me sit in their motor and sample the increased vibration?
I'm pretty sure I can live with it in favour of a more responsive drive, but just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
327 Posts
QUOTE(colin-mck @ 1 Mar 2010, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm really like the idea of an improved gear change and I'm thinking about getting a vibra technics mount fitted at the same time as eibachs since all my tools and facilities are back in N Ireland.

What I was wondering was, are there any owners in the warwick/coventry area who have a mount fitted that would be kind enough to let me sit in their motor and sample the increased vibration?
I'm pretty sure I can live with it in favour of a more responsive drive, but just wanted to make sure.

i was the same as you, sat in one the other day with the vibra technics fiited and have to say its nothing. Theres a slight vibration on the steering wheel on tick over but ones rev are above that it disapears. After all the post i was reading about the vibration form the vibra technics when fitted, i cannot belive what every one was moaning about i thought i would have had no teeth left

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
QUOTE(bully09 @ 1 Mar 2010, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i was the same as you, sat in one the other day with the vibra technics fiited and have to say its nothing. Theres a slight vibration on the steering wheel on tick over but ones rev are above that it disapears. After all the post i was reading about the vibration form the vibra technics when fitted, i cannot belive what every one was moaning about i thought i would have had no teeth left

Thanks! That's put my mind at rest then! I've got one, just waiting to get the chance to fit it!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
QUOTE(colin-mck @ 1 Mar 2010, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm really like the idea of an improved gear change and I'm thinking about getting a vibra technics mount fitted at the same time as eibachs since all my tools and facilities are back in N Ireland.

If you wanna come to Brum just off M6 jct 5 then your more than welcome to have a go in mine had mine on a few weeks now and love it. Hated it at first tho
but soon get used to it

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
They are good yeah and the vibration in the cabin gets forgotton about very quickly it just feels normal. I took mine off when i suspected it to be the cause of my gearbox mounting bolt to unscrew itself and drop the gearbox and snap my driveshaft. I know the bolt was tight as i checked it the month prior and it was tight as ever. Dont let that put anyone off though as it may not have been that that caused it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ta for the replies guys and for the offer GHST. Think I'll just go ahead and get one. I'm used to vibrations, rattles and squeaks from previous modded cars so I'll doubt I'll find it too much of a problem. Plus the ST could do with feeling a bit more like a hot hatch in everyday driving when you're not thrashing it. Can't wait til my direct line policy finishes so I can get modding!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.