Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After several months of thinking that it's time to finally give my parents the peace and quiet they deserve and get my own place I have gone and done it


I am entitled to enter the government homebuy scheme where they give you a loan to cover the cost of 30% of the house, with the owner finding the remaining 70% and confirmation arrived yesterday morning.

Only several new houses a month are given over to the home buy scheme by building developers and last week I found the perfect few. However went in to have a look around at the sites open day yesterday 4 of the 5 have already been reserved!!! Mass panic ensued as they are in an ideal location (free transport near by to work) and in a good area and building size big enough for me and my shoes
but they needed paperwork which was 30 miles away (thanks dad i'll buy you replacement fuel) and a 5% deposit (thank you HSBC
)

But after begging, pleading and phonecalls to a homebuy independant financial advisor for an assessement to secure the house, I am now the hopefully soon to be proud owner of a 2 bed coach house with 4 garages!!! (3 I unfortuantely have to give to the use of to other people)

Unfortunately solicitors fees car parking fine (sorry mum
) etc mean that I will have to sell asethetic parts of the car to make sure I have enough to cover the cost of moving so watch the for sale section for parts up for sale...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Storm @ 31 Jan 2010, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>YAY!!!!!

Housewarming party!!

Congrats Chaz, its a great feeling


xx

Scott I have been in some seriously stressful situations but yesterday took the biscuit. I can safely say that until they garenteed me that the plot was reserved in my name and they weren't going to sell it to anybody else I have NEVER been so stressed. Exams, work, people bleeding to death and needing my expertise STAT don't even compare!!!


Webby --> No, I am not getting married, I'm not up the duff but I do want my own space
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,760 Posts
Its about time you gave your parents a break! I moved out at 18 rented for a couple of years then when i graduated I got my mortgage and haven't looked back, you'll love having your own place!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,832 Posts
Congrats Chaz, nothing quite like buying your first place! Perfect time to do it as well, you'll love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 31 Jan 2010, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Congratulations Chaz, best decision you'll ever make. A place to nest.
where is this ?

Couldn't have said it better myself......but we do need to know where this is
something about an
meet at Chaz's?
 

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
Joined
·
17,448 Posts
congratulations on your new pad mate. be warned though, it will cost a lot more to modify than your st.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys


Hopefully if all goes well and according to plan I will be moving to Gloucester
Instead of a 60 mile round trip to work it'll be about 10 miles which will be free if I take the hospital bus service which leaves from Gloucester hospital and is a 15 minute walk away


Meet at Chaz' sounds like a plan, the plot that I have reserved is surrounded on three sides by car parking and garages and the other by a river ... whose up for a BBQ
 

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
Joined
·
8,082 Posts
Well done Chaz
, best time to do it and there are some great mortage deals around at the moment !!!
 

·
Captain Slow
Joined
·
16,287 Posts
welcome to the real world Chaz, things only get more expensize from now on!! There's always to much month left at the end of the money
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,832 Posts
I'm going to open a book on how long it takes everything in the house to be swapped out for carbon fibre bits.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top