Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,591 Posts
Also have the paper one but read on BBC News this morning that the dispensation to retain the paper license runs out in 2015.
Wasn't aware of that.

·
Registered
301 Posts
huh? have they stopped issuing the paper part already? i thought they haven't been phased out yet. It's about time they get rid of it anyway, such an old fashioned thing and so easy to lose.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I have to renew my licence very three years medical reason and had to do a new photo lat time and they did not charge me I did not know they normally charged for photo replacement

·
Registered
766 Posts
usually costs 20 quid

had mine renewed last year for free.. only because i need my licence for work though, so they pay any fees etc

i didnt even pay for my lessons or test lol

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
huh? have they stopped issuing the paper part already? i thought they haven't been phased out yet. It's about time they get rid of it anyway, such an old fashioned thing and so easy to lose.
The paper licence being referred to is not the paper part of the photographic licence but the paper licence that preceded it

For those that do still have the paper part how do you go about retaining that if you need to change your address? (which carries just as big a fine for not updating it i believe)

I personnally don't have any problem with paying £20 to update my picture every 10 years, i would like to see the paper part of it binned though as there is absolutely no need for it other, particularly when every single bit of information could be stored on the card and a reader introduced for the Police to just scan your licence and maybe even have biometric data put on so there is even more protection from faking the licence.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The paper licence being referred to is not the paper part of the photographic licence but the paper licence that preceded it

For those that do still have the paper part how do you go about retaining that if you need to change your address? (which carries just as big a fine for not updating it i believe)

I personnally don't have any problem with paying £20 to update my picture every 10 years, i would like to see the paper part of it binned though as there is absolutely no need for it other, particularly when every single bit of information could be stored on the card and a reader introduced for the Police to just scan your licence and maybe even have biometric data put on so there is even more protection from faking the licence.
They aren't having any of mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts