Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been out to check my ST and do washer fluid, and noticed it could do with an oil topup, is this normal?, the oil pressure was fine and the light wasnt on, I spoke to the guy at my local Ford dealer and he asked me when it was last topped up so I said probably when it was serviced last year in april, and he said theres your problem and sold me 1l of Ford oil.
So i just topped it up about 300ml and the dipstick is about middle of the range instead of right on the min. Im just worried as I heard these engines dont use oil, coolant looks normal and no mayo on the filler. Its being serviced on the 3rd april and its out of warranty on the 30th should I be worried???

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Engines don't use oil?

Sounds normal to me mate. Don't think you have anything to worry about.
maybe its just me being a technical retard, but im sure someone here said these engines dont really use oil, so could I expect it to use a bit through out the year? I guess I should start worrying when its using oil like an RX-8?

·
Registered
611 Posts
All performance engines use oil to a greater or lesser degree. It is a really goood idea to check the levels at least once a month.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Keep checking the oil levels to keep track of it, even after servicing as the people servicing the car might not put more oil in if it's at a 'safe' level.

If you haven't noticed any oil stains where you park your car then you're probably fine.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keep checking the oil levels to keep track of it, even after servicing as the people servicing the car might not put more oil in if it's at a 'safe' level.

If you haven't noticed any oil stains where you park your car then you're probably fine.
no there have been no oil stains and I did the checks for the diaphragm problem and there is no suction from the filler cap etc, id hope the ford garage put in the right amount of litres as per the engine think its 6.5l

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
i check mine every week, cold and on a leval service in just over 2 years mine has never needed a drop of top up, allways stays on the middle mark of the stick. i do keep a 1L bottle in the boot though,just incase.

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
Same here, no oil useage since it's last service and even what came out from the drain wasn't too "treacly". If you are noticing a drop in oil level remove the undertray to check for any weeping, or keep an eye on exhaust gasses having a blue tint to them. Another thing to check is the oil return pipe to the cylinder head, these have been known to come off and leak oil onto the cylinder head.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My ST500 has just clocked up 56,000 miles and has never used a drop since I bought it from new. Have run Bluefin Stage 1 for the last 11,000 miles - made no difference.

Nev

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,446 Posts
Neither this or my last car used any oil but I still check levels every week regardless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts