Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday morning and this again morning when starting the
the low oil pressure light stays on the dash for 1-2 seconds. Its a bit like the first time you start it after changing the oil.

I've checked the oil level and its ok, so is this just down to the cold weather or is it something else?

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(five_star @ 19 Dec 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yesterday morning and this again morning when starting the
the low oil pressure light stays on the dash for 1-2 seconds. Its a bit like the first time you start it after changing the oil.

I've checked the oil level and its ok, so is this just down to the cold weather or is it something else?

I would agree prob down to the cold spell, if the levels are fine, i wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
When was the last time you changed the oil? What oil grade did you/they use?

While it is more than likely down to the low temperatures, it should still not stay on any longer than normal.

I would perhaps check the oil grade used, and perhaps change the oil.

Just an opinion though.

·
Registered
720 Posts
QUOTE(goonturbo @ 19 Dec 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When was the last time you changed the oil? What oil grade did you/they use?

While it is more than likely down to the low temperatures, it should still not stay on any longer than normal.

I would perhaps check the oil grade used, and perhaps change the oil.

Just an opinion though.

I'm inclined to agree with goonturbo. Unless you happen to be getting temps. as low as the -30's there should be no change in oil pressure light operation if all is operating as it should be. It could be that your oil pump is feeling the strain in the colder weather.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oil was changed about three months ago, used Fords own 5w30 oil as the car is standard. The wife mentioned it just after the cold
weather started, problem is now I can't remember how the dash looked before hand, useless I know!

Its got its 60k service in a couple of weeks so i'll bring it up then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts