Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a blockage in the air intake system I believe, after leaving the car sitting for 3 weeks while I was away After the engine warms up the engine starts making a hissing noise. I had a little look about in the engine bay and found that the is a pipe coming out of the top of the oil filter housing to the top of the engine ( through rocker cover) had spilt,when moving that pipe about the hissing stops. (split open)
I've replaced that pipe but the noise is still there. I have now noticed a small oil leak from one of the gaskets in the rocker cover. I believe this is down to a build up of pressure somewhere. Ive lifted out the oil dipstick the hissing has now stopped.,but it now seems that the air is being drawn in from the oil dipstick. This would indicate a blockage somewhere. I was wondering if it is down to the oil filter housing being blocked and a replacement needed. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
QUOTE(ozzyb @ 24 Jan 2010, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks gardener

Will give ford parts a ring tomorrow and see what they are charging for this now

I paid £161 around 3 weeks ago but the VAT has gone back up since. The bill from Ford to fit it was £39 including VAT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.