Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went today literally in the petrol station 70 quid in the tank and nowhere to go gutted drounding my sorrows thought I'd share haha

·
Registered
14 Posts
If this was to fail not too far home would it be doable to continue the journey home with the dip stick not located fully to relieve the pressure?

·
Registered
238 Posts
diy job? or expensive labour bill? guessing just one of those things that happens? (excuse my lack of knowledge)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Quite easy to do although I do them on a ramp makes it easier, take the air box out and un bolt it. Harder on the volvos as the air box is a pig to get out as its closer to the slam panel

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
diy job? or expensive labour bill? guessing just one of those things that happens? (excuse my lack of knowledge)
Can be a diy job, depends if youve got the factory air box, to how time consuming the job is, as this would have to be removed.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quite easy to do although I do them on a ramp makes it easier, take the air box out and un bolt it. Harder on the volvos as the air box is a pig to get out as its closer to the slam panel
if i remember correctly it was Stingy that said the full housing doesnt need to be changed and just the plastic on the top could be clipped off and replaced with the new one. Saves loads of hasstle trying to take off the housing

·
Registered
115 Posts
if i remember correctly it was Stingy that said the full housing doesnt need to be changed and just the plastic on the top could be clipped off and replaced with the new one. Saves loads of hasstle trying to take off the housing
Yeah but when a customer pays me to fit a part I have to fit the hole thing would be a lot easier that way lol. Should have made the diaphragm a separate piece to sell

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Ahh yeah that makes sense lol. They should have dont know why they never.
So Frauds can't rip off there customers abit more my guess

OP gutted for you John last thing you need is repairs so soon after xmas, Hope you get it fixed at a reasonable cost

On a brighter note if you haven't got a cais and airbox gonna have to come out good excuse to fit a one

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
That can't just be bolted in though, it needs a catch tank to go with it.

The oil filter housings now available everywhere have been modified from the original design which tends to go.

Mine went on the M62, I was doing some speed at the time and didn't realise till I stopped at a services to get a coffee as you don't hear it at high speed (70mph obviously). I drove it home 20 miles off boost and it was fine, I changed the housing and breather pipe myself and its been fine ever since.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Buy it from Volvo there cheaper than ford
Or just buy it from Graham at Carparts Express as its even cheaper

I bought mine through my brother at Ford and the part number on it wasn't the finis code for the uprated Ford part, it had the Volvo part number on it so it would appear that Ford have even stopped doing their own parts labels for it too

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,585 Posts
The real "fraud" here is that this design defect has been known about and acknowledged by Volvo for a very long time.
In North America they did a recall and replaced the part (on Volvos') free of charge, but in the UK .........?

·
Registered
115 Posts
The real "fraud" here is that this design defect has been known about and acknowledged by Volvo for a very long time.
In North America they did a recall and replaced the part (on Volvos') free of charge, but in the UK .........?
Yeah it's because America is there biggest market, had the same when volvos electric throttle modules were failing all you got in the uk was 3 years 60,000 on them but in America the extended there warrant on ETM to 10y 100,000 not really fair

1 - 20 of 28 Posts