Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Offside Headlamp Washer Stuck Open...

207 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  wolfman 
#1 ·
As per title basically. My offside headlamp washer is just stuck in the open position(not fully open just sort of an inch from the bumper) Anyone had this happen or know how to fix it? I am going New York monday so i do not want to leave it like this until i get back
I will post a pic tomorrow if that will help anyone decipher the problem.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE(Harmy2010 @ 19 Dec 2009, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As per title basically. My offside headlamp washer is just stuck in the open position(not fully open just sort of an inch from the bumper) Anyone had this happen or know how to fix it? I am going New York monday so i do not want to leave it like this until i get back

These just clip on to the washer motor in the bumper, probably come attached and needs fettling. Carefully pull the opposite washer out and take a look at how its fixed.

#3 ·
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 19 Dec 2009, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>These just clip on to the washer motor in the bumper, probably come attached and needs fettling. Carefully pull the opposite washer out and take a look at how its fixed.

Thanks for the rapid reply
, I will give it a fettle tomorrow morning. 12:17am and advice on how to fix my problem definitly what would we do without the internet
(and this forum of course)

#5 ·
I am at a christmas 'House party', I use the ' ' becuase it is a really bad party i am just waiting for the girls to get drunk and then i am on my way to a good night
Until then i will sit here and think about how i am going to fix the car washer tomorrow and what i am going to eat for breakfast tomorrow(Pancakes or Corn Flakes
)

#6 ·
QUOTE(Harmy2010 @ 19 Dec 2009, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am at a christmas 'House party', I use the ' ' becuase it is a really bad party i am just waiting for the girls to get drunk and then i am on my way to a good night
Until then i will sit here and think about how i am going to fix the car washer tomorrow and what i am going to eat for breakfast tomorrow(Pancakes or Corn Flakes
)

Get back in there and top the drinks up mate, just make sure your not wearing your beer goggles.

Fill yer boots.

#7 ·
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 19 Dec 2009, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Get back in there and top the drinks up mate, just make sure your not wearing your beer goggles.

Fill yer boots.

I will. But the beer googles are in the case tonight as i am not drinking(designated driver for the night although not the ST my mates Corsa is the potential sick bag
)

Have a good christmas mate

#9 ·
QUOTE(Harmy2010 @ 19 Dec 2009, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As per title basically. My offside headlamp washer is just stuck in the open position(not fully open just sort of an inch from the bumper) Anyone had this happen or know how to fix it? I am going New York monday so i do not want to leave it like this until i get back

The headlamp washer jets mechanism is operated by water pressure - just pour some warm water onto it and will fly back in.

Ring me on 0161 406 9797 if you are unsure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.