Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a headlights issue.
Had a look around forums can’t find a thread about it.

basically I have adaptive headlights 2016 focus turn on first thing in morning they do what they have to no problem set of on journey they do there thing but after a little while the drivers side goes of after main beam has been used. that’s for dipped and main beam. Once I turn lights of fully and back on again they work fine but only to do it again all the time the light switch is turned on fully. If I leave light switch so I turn them on and off and not auto I believe everything is fine.
Any ideas before I go anywhere else.
Nothing comes up on the dash to say I have a fault of any kind.

thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,452 Posts
You can verify whether it is a lamp/ballast issue by swapping left with right.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did wonder if I could swap them over.
Will have a look at that later.
Thankyou.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
I did a thread with headlamp issue , I would have headlight on auto and be driving along and the headlight would go out but wouldn’t ever go off if put headlights on manually.
I swapped the ballast over from the passenger headlight and it worked for about 6 month then started again, so swapped ballast back and sprayed every connector on the headlight unit with electrical cleaner and has been fine so far

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did a thread with headlamp issue , I would have headlight on auto and be driving along and the headlight would go out but wouldn’t ever go off if put headlights on manually.
I swapped the ballast over from the passenger headlight and it worked for about 6 month then started again, so swapped ballast back and sprayed every connector on the headlight unit with electrical cleaner and has been fine so far
Thanks for the reply I will try that this weekend and spray everything up before I put it back together I think and see what happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a little update to the problem I am having.

Been looking long and hard at this
Changed Bakst box from lady to right no fix
Changed bulbs over left to right no fix
Had both headlights out again today and looking at all wiring inside the head light little tug here and there and nothing.
Once again had the ballast box of and bulb out from off side head light and have noticed just by chance a broken wire in the link cable at headlight end.
So just to be sure swapped over with near side cable and headlight working as normal.

Now for the next problem
My local Ford stealer does not sell these cables 😬

So had to search the net and found a company on eBay selling for £15 so hopefully by the end of this week my car should have to perfectly working 👀 again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts