Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all driving home today i got a odd sound coming from the front drivers wheel area (i think) sounds metalic like brake pad rubbing but cant see anything wrong with brakes any ideas what this could be cheers.

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
Could be just a stone or bit of grit stuck between the pad and the disc? there's still loads of grit about and i had a similar sound the other week and it dissapeared on it's own

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(Chris @ 6 Feb 2010, 08:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Could be just a stone or bit of grit stuck between the pad and the disc? there's still loads of grit about and i had a similar sound the other week and it dissapeared on it's own

+1 i've had this recently also.

·
Registered
592 Posts
+1 I had it and it was a horrid loud metal on metal sound, reversed the car hard, then went forward, cleared it. Check your discs for deep scratches.... As advised by my mechanic

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
QUOTE(lewis991 @ 6 Feb 2010, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>+1 I had it and it was a horrid loud metal on metal sound, reversed the car hard, then went forward, cleared it. Check your discs for deep scratches.... As advised by my mechanic

Some good advise there. I seem to get alot of rubbish inbetween my disc and disc gaurd and 8 times out of 10 reversing alittle quicker than normal ( in a safe place! ) sorts the problem.

·
Registered
323 Posts
could be the metal backing plate - mine did this a while ago and by pushing the plate away from the disc it stopped (can push through wheel spokes - no need to remove wheel)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys sound comes and goes sounds bad at times will try what you all said cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts