Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it will make a bit of difference, but honestly i'm amazed just how much difference it has made, but then again it is a 20% increase and the torque is unreal, worth every penny !​

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a straight forward flash, no dyno. Soon as intercooler and exhaust is done will get it on a dyno to see if all running well

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Did they do any fine tuning to it or was it a straight forward flash? Do they have a dyno there?
When I had mine done at Collins, Gary took it out for a quick road test to make sure everything was OK, then mapped it, then took it out for another spin. All in all, including a tour round the place, I was in and out in 45 minutes. I would have stayed a lot longer but I had two mates that were itching to get away and down to a music festival. Spoil sports!

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
At last got a Collins map done today at Focus RS Direct in Bristol, WOW even though it's only stage 1 i can't beleive the difference it's made. Intercooler next then cat and downpipe, happy Christmas to me
Hi, I am thinking of just getting the Collins Stage 1 map sometime after Christmas, is there really a big difference from standard ?

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Hi, I am thinking of just getting the Collins Stage 1 map sometime after Christmas, is there really a big difference from standard ?
Any map will make a huge difference from the standard ST. It's the single biggest change you can make to the car

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Big difference from standard, the torque is amazing.

No sign of any clutch slip but will prob get RS clutch kit next year anyways

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The week gets better, picked up a Airtec Gen 3 intercooler today, done less than 500 miles due to changing ST for an RS, £200 the thing is as new and he chipped in a RS fuel pump for FREE, result

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Standard RS fuel pump is the same as the ST one Pete,
's dont need a fuel pump change up to 400bhp RS engine tunes.....

Good price on the intercooler though

1 - 20 of 23 Posts