Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Alrite All

Lee at JW Racing has kindly agreed to reduce the price of their Elevate Recirc Valve. Now this is a really good price and it's their way of wishing us a merry christmas.

The price will be £130 including VAT, normally this awesome bit of kit retails at £160 inc VAT. Shipping will be £4.95. This is truely a great price for a great bit of kit. We need 10 or members to qualify for the discount.

Get your names down peeps.

Cheers Byron.

Elevate Recirc Valve

Designed by Turbosmart for Elevate

Features:

• Optimal design and materials for maximum power and longevity
  • Supports up to 25 psi (1.7 bar) turbo pressure
  • No need to change or guess at spring pressures
  • Direct replacement for the factory unit
  • Fits both K04 (ST) and K16 (RS) factory turbochargers
The ELEVATE Turbo Recirc Valve is a bit of engineering and manufacturing brilliance that will help keep your turbocharger functioning to its full potential. Manufactured exclusively for ELEVATE by long time development partner Turbosmart, Elevates recirc valve outperforms and outlasts any other unit on the market. The Elevate robust piston design is fast acting and designed to perform.

Web link

http://j-w-racing.co.uk/product.php/8243/3187/elevate_recirc_valve___ford_focus_st

Fitting Instructions

http://www.elevatecars.com/sites/default/files/Turbo%20Compressor%20Bypass%20Valve%20Instructions.pdf

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
was just looking into buying one of these and then a GB comes up. If its the same as the AS one i'll probs get that one though :/

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They do the same thing but no disrespect to as. I beleive the elevate is a far suprier piece of kit. But they do the same job I can understand you wanting to buy the cheaper option thats your choice.

Myself and Lee have worked hard to get this great price for members.

If your interested in the elevate please put your names down

Cheers Byron

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
If I wasn't going Turbo X then I'd have 1 of these but the actuator and re circ gets replaced with the turbo so no point

Good price for a cracking bit of kit

Will this get rid of the annoying chronic whistle off the standard unit? Also is it a big job ti changeover?
Its not a big job to change its just awkward to get at but there is a very good how to on the forum from members changing to the forge re-circ

It will eliminate the whistle you get with the open cone induction

·
Registered
502 Posts
If I wasn't going Turbo X then I'd have 1 of these but the actuator and re circ gets replaced with the turbo so no point

Good price for a cracking bit of kit

Its not a big job to change its just awkward to get at but there is a very good how to on the forum from members changing to the forge re-circ

It will eliminate the whistle you get with the open cone induction
Is the whistle due to the open cone? It was always present when the car was standard too??

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes stops annoying whistle and if your recir is oem it might help your st run a little better. The oem recirc wear out with increased boost.

There is a how to guide in 1st post

I start the list off then....

Elevate recirc gb purchase list

1. Byron

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ok I'll have one. The elevate products seem to have a good reputation. Do you/should you replace the actuator at the same time since it's oem too?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Elevate recirc gb purchase list

1. Byron
2. A13BBD
3. Jon-r-87

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will this increase the likelihood of compressor surge due to the stiffer spring?
I wouldnt have thought so Nathan just like other recircs on the market which have a better spring they perform well. The elevate has just one spring which I beleive is designed to suiy all maps or no map and is a direct replacement for the oem recirc.

When your turbocharger is generating boost and you release the accelerator (closing the throttle), the boosted air essentially hits a wall (the closed throttle). The pressurised air must be redirected back into the intake of the turbo to prevent turbocharger damage (at the worst) or turbo lag (at the least). A Recirc Valve is activated by the air pressure signal from the Inlet Manifold. The Recirc valve stays closed under boost conditions (directing all boosted air to the engine) or snaps opens when vacuum is detected, redirecting boosted air. The factory turbo system utilizes a CBV integrated into the turbocharger compressor housing.

Do I need a new Recirc Valve? The factory valve is a diaphragm with spring design that can rip under higher boost pressure or simply fail from fatigue and heat, even on standard engines. If your valve fails, the turbocharger cannot make the boost pressure it was designed to as boosted air is being fed right back into the turbo inlet, and power is lost. The easiest way to see if your valve has failed is to connect a vacuum test pump to the nipple on the valve and apply a bit of vacuum. If the unit holds vacuum, your valve diaphragm is still intact and should be functioning (this test does not work on piston style aftermarket valves). We have seen standard stock units fail in less than 15,000 miles.

Those with a Performance Software Tune which increases boost pressure will benefit from the Elevate recirc valve with more consistent boost delivery and the long lasting durability that our design offers.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts