Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the ST out last night for a blast to skeg and back and I've noticed clutch slip, well that's was I think it is, at first I just thought the car wasn't gripping but it seems more likely clutch slip. Sooo what clutch should I get I know the rs is the popular choice but I've seen the price lol I'm running stage 2 bluefin with a de cat and panel filter. That is all so far. Should I just go back to stock map for now? So annoyed

·
Registered
649 Posts
i think the rs one is the popular choice because its the cheapest and tried and tested. there is a kit for sale at a good price on here if that helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got RS clutch from ds for £300 with out fly wheel, nd running mine on dsci nd pulls like a train well happy.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
you can buy just the clutch but most people replcace clutch and flywheel as it saves all the labour to change the flywheel at a later date

·
Registered
963 Posts
I wouldnt buy one without the flywheel because if the flywheel fails down the line its the same labour to replace at a later date, drop your map down or try to get one of the low torque maps for bluefin

·
Registered
39 Posts
I now ppl who's had RS clutches fitted with out the fly wheel and running 330+ bhp and over 400flb and been fine so I went for the cheaper option also I got my clutch fitted of a good friend so winner winner

·
Registered
963 Posts
I now ppl who's had RS clutches fitted with out the fly wheel and running 330+ bhp and over 400flb and been fine so I went for the cheaper option also I got my clutch fitted of a good friend so winner winner
You've done well then, When my clutch went it was the flywheel that had failed so i was lucky to have bought the kit

1 - 20 of 20 Posts