Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been to the local dealership for a nosey and they have a 58 plate Electric White in the car park which is decidely not the same colour as mines... just makes me even more scared of having to get any paint work done!!

Did make me feel good about my own car but can see why a lot of folk dont like Electric White, if mine was that same bluey/green dingy colour I would not be nearly so chuffed.

On top of this I am pleased with fords move to black wheels as the one there had silver ones (and no tinted windows). Would certainly recomend if you have a white car get the privacy glass at least! I have never been a great fan of privacy glass but I do think it suits the ST.

Ps- Naughty garage has an ST on display that is supposed to be 10 plate... but it has silver alloys and the blurb has privacy glass as a £127 option..... Would be well :censored: of to buy that and then find its actually at least 6 months old and missing the current refinements...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just been to the local dealership for a nosey and they have a 58 plate Electric White in the car park which is decidely not the same colour as mines... just makes me even more scared of having to get any paint work done!!

Did make me feel good about my own car but can see why a lot of folk dont like Electric White, if mine was that same bluey/green dingy colour I would not be nearly so chuffed.

On top of this I am pleased with fords move to black wheels as the one there had silver ones (and no tinted windows). Would certainly recomend if you have a white car get the privacy glass at least! I have never been a great fan of privacy glass but I do think it suits the ST.

Ps- Naughty garage has an ST on display that is supposed to be 10 plate... but it has silver alloys and the blurb has privacy glass as a £127 option..... Would be well
of to buy that and then find its actually at least 6 months old and missing the current refinements...
I have a Frozen White, privacy glass and black alloys...have a look at my pics on my profile!

Looks great when it's nice and clean!

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great when it's nice and clean!
Tell me about it, I am in danger of rubbing off the paint as I have cleaned it so many times since I got it. Always turns heads but noticable more so when clean and the wheels are shining.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
It is a special effect paint that a good bodyshop will match with a little effort, it is a case of getting the depth of each part of the paint process correct, base, colour and laqure

The paint per ltr use is not that expensive either so not all that bad

However if you just take it just anywhere and they just chuck the stuff on the car you will have problems

·
Registered
1 Posts
this wouldnt be the one at peoples in edinburgh would it? i just bought it. black wheels are an option at many dealers.

·
Registered
202 Posts
this wouldnt be the one at peoples in edinburgh would it? i just bought it. black wheels are an option at many dealers.
Black wheels are now standard. Silver are an option at £100. Privacy glass, auto wipers and headlights, auto dimming mirror, keyless entry and dual climate control are all standard now as well...

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Black wheels are now standard. Silver are an option at £100. Privacy glass, auto wipers and headlights, auto dimming mirror, keyless entry and dual climate control are all standard now as well...
Are we talkng about the new blue one or the older white one?

If it is the blue one then as above it should come with black wheels (tho I think silver is probably better on blue IMO) so up to you to decide if that's an issue. However the other options are worth considering as they are now standard but dont know where you would stand buying one of the fourcourt other than asking for a bigger discount!

For clarity tho it is an ST2 so you dont get keyless entry and dual climate control but the Privacy glass, auto wipers, auto headlights and auto dimming mirror are now standard so you should argue the case for a discount on these and certain not pay for the Privacy glass that one does have.

As for dimming mirrors in a car with privacy glass.... I can hardly see out the back window sometimes lol...

Let us know how you get on....

·
Registered
202 Posts
As for dimming mirrors in a car with privacy glass.... I can hardly see out the back window sometimes lol...
Yeah, I agree. My mate followed me home from work on Tuesday night and I asked him why he only had his side lights on.... No I had main beam on, he replied..!! The glass is a bit dark lol..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts