Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Noob Alert !! Advice Please...

762 views 27 replies 13 participants last post by  tonyrobertsgonga 
QUOTE(Mike-B @ 22 Feb 2010, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,I am thinking of purchasing this: Focus ST <-----ClickThe price @ 9,999.00 seems ok to me....What Is the ST like to live with on a day to day basis ? This would have to be my daily driver, to get to work (5miles each way) and pop to the shops......you get the idea.Will the st fit inside a regular garage ? Ok I have the Focus dimentions and on paper ( which is all I have to go on ) the st fits.... Now weather I will be able to exit the car once inside the garage is another matter. I dont have the garage dimentions to hand but it's size is what I would describe as a normal modern house garage. Can anyone answer this ?Other than the cost of fuel ( in the region of 24 mpg ? ) and tyres are there any other factors I need to consider which would not be an issue with a non-sporty type of car... I am not being tight, but I have three kids and money is an issue.I know more questions will come to mind and so I will ask as and when they do.Thanks for your help.I use mine daily fror work 12miles each way down the dual carriageway. Its an awesome reason to want to go to work and a even better reason to want to come home again! Regards fuel on short sharp trips expect more like 18mpg. Tyres are every 12000 miles on the fronts for me at approx £60 a corner. An absolute joy to drive and I've loved every minute of mine. One thing I will say is if money is a problem now (and I presume you have something sensible like a Scenic or Vectra) then the ST will blitz your current car costs. Dont forget the insurance and tax.QUOTE(stingy @ 22 Feb 2010, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i do short stop start trips to my work mate and im only getting 18mpg.
Damn you ninja poster!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.