Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Just bought an ST in a private sale which is fitted with a Nokia thing that i assume is a hands free gadget for mobile phones. The previous owner never used it so i did not get a demonstration on how it works.

Whats annoying is the loud beep aprox 1min after starting the car. The Nokia thing appears to flash constantly as if its searching for the phone at which point the beep comes in and the light stops flashing.

I've looked through the handbook but theres nothing relating to this device. The audio booklet doesnt include the Sony head unit in my ST either.

Help.

·
Registered
11,562 Posts
Rob

Do you have a mobile phone? Might be worth you trying to pair your mobile phone to this with the Mobile's bluetooth options (in the bluetooth menu). Usually the codes for these kits are 1234 or 0000.

If you are struggling to pair your phone - take a picture of your dashboard (where this thing is stuck on) and I'll try offer some more assistance.

Once you pair a phone to it - it should in essence stop beeping at you.

Cheers

Marc

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
What's the reg? Mine will have gone with its Nokia kit and the one you describe is the same as mine.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Marc, i'll give that a try thanks.

Gav, reg is MV55 X** it has 19" zito alloys. If this is your old car do you still have the standard wheels.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Not my car.

Press and hold the Nokia button when you turn on the ignition; eventually it'll flash faster (I think). Then search for bluetooth devices with your phone and you should find 'Nokia CK-07' or similar. Pair with this (key is 0000) and your phone will work through the phone cradle. You can also buy replacement cradles for most models of Nokia.

Works well on bluetooth though.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
If it is like a wheel you can turn with a button in the middle you shoudl be able tpo pair to it by doign a search on your moible as stated towards the top of the thread.

This is an old kit that usually came with a hard wired cable but it does work ok just by bluetooth but obviously no display so you need to use your phone to call someone (they don't have voice dialing (which never works anyway
)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts