Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I dont know if this is normal for the
but listening to mine today at idle the engine block sounded a bit rattley/tapety (Dont know how else to describe it) It has done this since I have had it, drives fine... Just curious to whether its a normal noise for them?

Also My power steering pump whines whilst at idle? Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Often what you're hearing is in fact noisy injectors and this is a characteristic of ST's.

Think the PAS pump noise could be normal too, it's electrically operated so could be this you're hearing

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(troy45 @ 3 Jan 2010, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Often what you're hearing is in fact noisy injectors and this is a characteristic of ST's.

Think the PAS pump noise could be normal too, it's electrically operated so could be this you're hearing

Nice 1 thank you for your quick reply, werent sure if it was normal, sounds like it is... Can they be quietened at all?

·
Registered
29 Posts
QUOTE(Russeh @ 3 Jan 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>also if the front screen heater is on i've noticed you get more noise, pretty normally really my old focus Titanium did the same.
I've noticed that too when I'm scraping the side windows, assume it's just the alternator complaining that the screen heaters, heated seats, blowers and lights are all on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.