Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Guys, I think you're all looking at it from too much of an honest point of view.

The real truth here is that this car is unrecorded. It'll be bought for its identity, nothing more, perhaps to cover up a stolen or category registered vehicle to give it is value back. Unfortunately it happens all to often in the motor trade, and there really isn't any way of telling if the car hasn't been recorded.

Really isn't cricket but it happens.

Looking at it this way, £1k is cheap isn't it? Stolen car worth £5k that you can't do anything with it. Spend £1k for the identity and make £4k profit.

Personally I think motor law needs to be stricter and change to protect us from dodgyness like this.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
well i didnt no things like that happend so just shows how easy this can happen!! i know dodgy
happens but not this way

thanks tiny..

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Guys, I think you're all looking at it from too much of an honest point of view.

The real truth here is that this car is unrecorded. It'll be bought for its identity, nothing more, perhaps to cover up a stolen or category registered vehicle to give it is value back. Unfortunately it happens all to often in the motor trade, and there really isn't any way of telling if the car hasn't been recorded.

Looking at it this way, £1k is cheap isn't it? Stolen car worth £5k that you can't do anything with it. Spend £1k for the identity and make £4k profit.

Personally I think motor law needs to be stricter and change to protect us from dodgyness like this.
This is what I was going to say, although this is a more intellectual and better constructed version

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
who would buy its identity??
Someone steals a car
Car gets reported
Criminal buys the identity of this one
Puts it on the reported car (thus making the stolen car 'not exist' anymore)
Sell new car for profit minus the 1000 pound for the new identity.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

You're just thinking too far outside the box. Engine, seat, wheels and a few other parts and you have a great euro rat rod version of one of these...

(I do agree with the above though, only reason people will buy it is for the its ID)

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
We just had £20K's worth of a 2 year old A3 Black editon was stolen (pulled on to the back of a truck and off it went according to the police who have it on CCTV) so I can easily see why an unrecorded Tloss could be of value to the wrong people, ideal identity for our stolen car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts