Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm a bit of noob when it comes to the suspension set up. I've had a quick read through some of the topics but I'm still unsure of where to go next. I've just hit stage 3 so I've done a fair amount to the engine but nothing to the handling of the car. My question to all the ladies and gents is, what should my next mod be? I'm pretty poor after getting stage 3 done (including the RS clutch kit) so it may take a little time before I get anything done but that'd suit me as it'll give me the time to do my homework.
Thanks guys
Matt

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Rear anti roll bar is a relatively cheap way of improving the handling.

Them save up for a b12 suspension kit. It's a proven upgrade from the standard struts and springs.
I myself run the whiteline rarb, and eibach springs.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
At stage 3 or higher, the biggest immediate issue is getting traction. For that you need a good map without stupidly harsh boost ramp, good tyres, LSD plus good coils and shocks. If you don't care for track work, don't bother with coilovers. They are fiddly and need maintenance. Just get the Bilstein sport kit, but if you do want to track it, go coilovers for sure. Caster correction will also help. Polybushes etc. Once all that is done, assess chassis balance and roll and add anti roll bars to suit what it needs (if anything). The list is endless and once it gets traction and handles, it will need to stop.

For a street car, I wouldn't get a big brake kit. Keep it fitting standard wheels. No spacers. Good rotors and pads for an effective but cheap upgrade, or if you want to go a bit further, An Elevate brake kit which uses stock size slotted rotors with nice pads and the front is a Wilwood 6 pot caliper kit. Very light, reduces unsprung weight and very effective stopping power.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow. Ok so a lot to think about really. The only thing I've done brake wise, is fitted grooved and dimpled front discs.. I'm pretty sure that's more of an aesthetic thing than any real gain. I've heard the b12 name a lot. I'll have a look into those. Thank you guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts