Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone i am a newbie so wanted to say hello and ask a question.
Just found this forum. Owned my ST2 since 2008.
Love the motor but was thinking of spending £500 on a bluefin upgrade. I was wondering if there are any problems with doing this. I don't want to spend anymore money the £500.
Also when you remap the ECU does it leave a trace? Ie when you put it back to the original setting for MOT etc?

Cheers
Paul
PS here's a pic of the ST.

Attachments

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
hi & welcome to the club mate. bluefin or dreamscience won't leave any trace as far as im aware. join up here for a tenner mate & buy one second hand for far less than £500

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
along matey
. Leave the map on for the MOT . It will pass with no problems . If you do remove the map there will be no trace , or at least with Dreamscience !!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
QUOTE(stingy @ 7 Feb 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi & welcome to the club mate. bluefin or dreamscience won't leave any trace as far as im aware. join up here for a tenner mate & buy one second hand for far less than £500

QUOTE(Speedfreek @ 7 Feb 2010, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
along matey
. Leave the map on for the MOT . It will pass with no problems . If you do remove the map there will be no trace , or at least with Dreamscience !!!

ive got blufin (its the pooest of the remaps imo)

im changing it for code red soon but dreamscience is good too

and yes blufin does leave a trace on the ecu

·
Registered
119 Posts
I went for Dreamscience, 5 maps + your stock map, you can drive a car with dfferent characteristics every week if you like.
Leaves no trace and only takes 4 and half minutes to change maps.
I haven't regreted buying mine which I bought on the forum for £300, then you can spent the other on 3 tanks of fuel!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts