Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who's making a New Year's Resolution, and how long do you expect to stick at it

Personally, since giving up smoking (Sept 08
) I have put on sooooo much weight, that a good diet and more exercise seems like a good one for me - hopefully I will be able to stick to this.

A slightly less realistic one for me would be to spend less time on the laptop

I hope you all have a very happy new year and that 2010 is a good one for you

On a more personal note, 2009 has been my worst year ever and I am so grateful for the distraction that this site has provided and the friends I have made a long the way

·
Registered
773 Posts
I made a resolution years ago to never make resolutions - been about 10 years and still haven't broken it!!!

2009 has also been a life changing year for me and I'll be glad to see the back of it. Roll on 2010!!!

·
1,285 Posts
I have had a hell of a year... serious illness at the beginning then the hearbreak of having my girlfriend away in the USA. However, it has all picked up and I am SO looking forward to 2010 and what it is going to bring for us.

As for a New Years resolution, its a joint one for us....

" Make sure, no matter what happens.. that we always keep on smiling and supporting each other "

Sounds good to me!!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
QUOTE(LawwaST @ 30 Dec 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I made a resolution years ago to never make resolutions - been about 10 years and still haven't broken it!!!

I made this one also about 6 years ago, and have never broken it

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
My wife and I have agreed to loose a bit of weight and take more exercise, we drive almost everywhere so it should save us a few quid too.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
To stop wasting money on cars*

*I have redefined the parameters of what constitutes wasting money so that it doesn't include trackdays and a Jahreskarte

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Mine will be to stand up for myself and to stop taking everyone elses
. Been a horrible few years its time to put number 1 first for a wee change

Oh and to not have anymore photos of me eating at meets

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
QUOTE(Donna @ 30 Dec 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>On a more personal note, 2009 has been my worst year ever and I am so grateful for the distraction that this site has provided and the friends I have made a long the way

I shall be trying to cut down the beer intake which will hopefully then cut down the beer gut

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I need to make sure I keep at this exercise lark, fight off the temptation of snacks and make the most out of life considering I had much worse things to be worrying about this time last year!

QUOTE(Donna @ 30 Dec 2009, 12:35 PM)
I am so grateful for the distraction that this site has provided and the friends I have made a long the way

totally with you there Donna

Who mentioned stopping spending money on cars by the way?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I found making resolutions just makes you miserable until you then eventually break it so I don't bother anymore.

Just be happy and make the most of life..it's way too short as it is!

Why waste a few days or weeks of your life missing out on the things that you clearly want to do in the first place..!

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE(Donna @ 30 Dec 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So who's making a New Year's Resolution, and how long do you expect to stick at it

Personally, since giving up smoking (Sept 08
) I have put on sooooo much weight, that a good diet and more exercise seems like a good one for me - hopefully I will be able to stick to this.

A slightly less realistic one for me would be to spend less time on the laptop

I hope you all have a very happy new year and that 2010 is a good one for you

On a more personal note, 2009 has been my worst year ever and I am so grateful for the distraction that this site has provided and the friends I have made a long the way

Hi
Hopefully 2010 will be better for you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts