Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all well i got my new tyres today i went for vredestine on the back and michelin pilot sport ps2 on the front whets peoples thoughts on these tyres?? and whats ure thoughts on mixing tyres up?? they cost me £340
fitted as i only had to buy 3 because my insurance had sorted the other1

thanks mat

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Mixing tyres front to rear is ok if you've got the same ones at each end of the car.

But myself i'm confused why you didn't get a full set of 1 kind of tyre and decide to put a new mixed set on?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(troy45 @ 14 Jan 2010, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mixing tyres front to rear is ok if you've got the same ones at each end of the car.

But myself i'm confused why you didn't get a full set of 1 kind of tyre and decide to put a new mixed set on?

hi m8 i mixed the tyres around as the michelin was £150 per tyre and the vredestein were only about £75ish which was in my budget i wanted the michelin alround but would have cost me over £400 which i way out of my budget.
i think that the mix that i got are of the best makes that u can get for the
??

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Glenster @ 14 Jan 2010, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>id have had either all michelin or all veeriderstine (!?) personally aswell!

i already had a michelin on the car but couldnt afford them allround so got 1 and then the vredestein which put it in my budget
the michelins were 150 each which is 450 then u have fitting on top of that

·
Registered
379 Posts
QUOTE(MatST-3 @ 14 Jan 2010, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i already had a michelin on the car but couldnt afford them allround so got 1 and then the vredestein which put it in my budget
the michelins were 150 each which is 450 then u have fitting on top of that

fair enough, there still two good makes anyway.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Errr....has no one used blackcircles.com? You can get michelins PS2s for £148 including fitting at your nearest dealer. Birmingham as several although I always use Tyre and Puncture repairs on the cov road as they offer fantastic customer service. Blackcircles supply many different makes if you don't want the French offerings

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(smjohns @ 14 Jan 2010, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Errr....has no one used blackcircles.com? You can get michelins PS2s for £148 including fitting at your nearest dealer. Birmingham as several although I always use Tyre and Puncture repairs on the cov road as they offer fantastic customer service. Blackcircles supply many different makes if you don't want the French offerings

hi m8 i did look on there but the price was still out of my budget

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
QUOTE(troy45 @ 14 Jan 2010, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mixing tyres front to rear is ok if you've got the same ones at each end of the car.

is this true? i've heard it can make the ESP play up? Only asking because my fronts are going to need doing soon and i'd like to get those goodyear tyres but dont want to do all 4 at once.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(Russeh @ 14 Jan 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is this true? i've heard it can make the ESP play up?
Fair point, I had issues with worn F1's on the front and new Falkens on the rear - may not be as bad with new rubber all round and not as much of an issue if you have to swap fronts to rear etc to try to prevent upsetting the ESP, as you'd still have decent tread all round.

·
Registered
720 Posts
QUOTE(Russeh @ 14 Jan 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is this true? i've heard it can make the ESP play up? Only asking because my fronts are going to need doing soon and i'd like to get those goodyear tyres but dont want to do all 4 at once.
Some peoples ESP appears to be a bit more sensitive to this than others.
I had no issues going from the Excellence tyres to the Ultrac Sessantas on the front. If anything the cases of the ESP light flashing was reduced. Ultracs all round now and I have nothing but praise for them.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the tyres that i have put on are very good the level of grip that u get makes u feel like ure on rails
i didnt think that u could really notice the difference but when u have good quality tyres put on u can really feel the car holding the road and it seems to give u abit more confidence in the twistys
mind u the tyres that i had taken off were borderline bold

michelin ps2s and vredestein i would hightly recommend might be pricey but worth it i think and mixing the 2 has had no effect on the ESP or any thing else.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I concur with the ESP playing up. When I bought the car a year ago it had 4 new tyres on it, can't remember what ones but have a feeling they were goodyear. When the fronts needed replaced I put falkens on and the ESP went mad, kicked in all the time when it wasn't even close to necessary. Drove me nuts. I now have falkens all round and it seems to be fine again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.