Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys

1st of all ill say sorry before you all start twisting and throwing stuff at me because im sure this topic /question has been asked a million times

here goes

right ...ive bought a second hand stratmagem for my facelift 08 st225 from ebay the other day ..arrived this morning ..unit is i good nick plugs in and works ...BUT ..it wont upload a tune ?

its a freshly reprogramed handset ..i.e its got 5lives , and is set to "stock"

i plug it in ,, go to program vehicle ...pick a tune (eg race+) it comes up unlocking pcm ..........then comes up "wrong vehicle " then goes back to begining ? ...can any one help !!

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
hi guys

1st of all ill say sorry before you all start twisting and throwing stuff at me because im sure this topic /question has been asked a million times

here goes

right ...ive bought a second hand stratmagem for my facelift 08 st225 from ebay the other day ..arrived this morning ..unit is i good nick plugs in and works ...BUT ..it wont upload a tune ?

its a freshly reprogramed handset ..i.e its got 5lives , and is set to "stock"

i plug it in ,, go to program vehicle ...pick a tune (eg race+) it comes up unlocking pcm ..........then comes up "wrong vehicle " then goes back to begining ? ...can any one help !!
You may not have the latest 7bug software on your ecu and that will need updating first

A quick call to Jared or Carl at DS will sort it out in a jiffy though

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'm not to sure myself as I have never used ds but doesn't that mean the person you bought it from did not return the car to stock? Someone else will confirm this or just ring ds.

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
the handset is set to stock .....

so do you mean my pcm software needs updating ...

because that was someting i wondered ,i have acess to ford ids so i can upgrade my pcm
If its a fully reset handset then its the only thing I can think as to why the handset wont upload the maps, best thing to do is check what software is on your ECU and then update it to the latest version if it is an older version.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yer ill take it in to work tomorrow n have a quick look on ids ...see if theres an up date for the pcm, n try again

·
Formally Coca
1,576 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Nothing to worry about. You'll have to send the handset in to DS so that they can update the software on the handset. Costs £60. I had to do it on 2 handsets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts