Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just joined the forum after getting my grubby mits on an electric white ST-2. Traded in my old 1.7 Silver Puma (still miss the old girl) but it was well worth it.

Now going through the first 1,000 mile bed-in and having to be oooohhh so disciplined. Saying that the bad weather helps. Picked up the car before Xmas and my first proper drive was in a full-on blizzard. 10.5 hrs to get home on a 30 mile commute due to snow and ice. Not fun. Its fair to say the ST saved my life that day.

Anyway, won't drone on suffice to say I'm dead chuffed. Loving the extra power to get me out of trouble, and the ride is sublime. The mpg may be painful but I can live with that.

Hi to all!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome all!

QUOTE(PHILJB @ 4 Jan 2010, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome to the club.
Where are you from?

The west side of Reading, though sadly not getting much driving in at the mo due to the snowpocalypse
. The new ride is trapped up here in over 10 inches of snow on the hill and no sign of it thawing soon. Had spectacular fun after 3 inches fell in under an hour and had to be pushed up the hill by a neighbour after some **** came down the hill at full pelt forcing me to pull over and kill my momentum on the way up. The first 3 weeks of ownership and I've spent most of it skidding about on ice with the ESP going mental.

Ah, for a quiet, twisty country road on a clear, dry day. Roll on spring!

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS
3,004 Posts
QUOTE(tamick25 @ 4 Jan 2010, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all,

Just joined the forum after getting my grubby mits on an electric white ST-2. Traded in my old 1.7 Silver Puma (still miss the old girl) but it was well worth it.

Now going through the first 1,000 mile bed-in and having to be oooohhh so disciplined. Saying that the bad weather helps. Picked up the car before Xmas and my first proper drive was in a full-on blizzard. 10.5 hrs to get home on a 30 mile commute due to snow and ice. Not fun. Its fair to say the ST saved my life that day.

Anyway, won't drone on suffice to say I'm dead chuffed. Loving the extra power to get me out of trouble, and the ride is sublime. The mpg may be painful but I can live with that.

Hi to all!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts