Ford Focus ST Forum banner

New shocks bilstein, vmaxx

MK2 
2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Phill P 
#1 ·
Hi,
im looking currently at Bilstein b12 or even b14 kit. I like the b12 as you can purchase the shocks if they fail. But before going ahead with this. Can anyone recommend which one or even tried vmaxx coilovers? There does seem mixed bag with vmaxx alot use the brake kit.

Thank you

#2 ·
Hi,
im looking currently at Bilstein b12 or even b14 kit. I like the b12 as you can purchase the shocks if they fail. But before going ahead with this. Can anyone recommend which one or even tried vmaxx coilovers? There does seem mixed bag with vmaxx alot use the brake kit.

Thank you
(y)V Maxx are just cheap rubbish. Bilstein are decent as are BC Racing. If its just for road the B12 kit is probably best.

#7 ·
Hijacking the post a bit on a related topic so please forgive me.

I`m also looking at buying Bilstein shocks but i`m not sure what springs should I fit. Right now I have oem shocks and red H&Rs but the ride is quite harsh on bad roads or tram lines.
I have Eibach pro kit, black H&R and Blue 20/40 H&R in my wishlist. I would keep the current ride height but in a softer setting. Eibach would be the go to option but I`m afraid it will raise the car too much so I`m seriously consider H&R but I don`t know the colors meaning.

#11 · (Edited)
B14 kit here, ride quality is a little harsher than standard over odd lumps and bumps but it is also a much smoother ride, as in the shocks themselves seem to be able to handle and smooth out rough surfaces better than standard. Height wise, on the mk2 it seems to be pretty good. Tyres aren’t tucked into the arch, but kind of run with it (lowest setting) which is what I was going for so I was pretty happy. Did cost me 2 new rear arms mind 😂

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.