Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question. Does anyone know the availabilty of the RS clutches?? Just that i was meant to get mine fitted by a guy that used to work for Ford until recently. He tried to order the clutch up but the parts guy says that there are none available anywhere and that it will be well past the new year before they start getting any as it's still a non servicable psrt or something. Anyone shed any light??

Cheers,

Coln

·
Registered
648 Posts
From The Desk of Trevor Porter " We only Supply Genuine Ford Parts"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mr *****
Thankyou for your Enquiry.
Quoted below are the Cluch components fitted to the New Focus RS Model.
These parts are not showing in stock as of today*
Here is the information requested:
Focus 2008 (+)"GB" 2.5L Duratec-RS (305PS)
Clutch Kit (Cover & Plate)
Part Number: 1670062
Retail Price: £143.25
You Pay: £114.60
Focus 2008 (+)"GB" 2.5L Duratec-RS (305PS)
Clutch Slave Cylinder & Bearing Hub Assy
Part Number: 1599267
Retail Price: £84.22
You Pay: £67.38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Postage & Packing
Royal Mail/Parcel Force UK 2Day Service £7.50

Prices subject to VAT @ 15%

Total Cost: £217.90

·
Registered
648 Posts
i got the above about 2-3 weeks ago

www.fordpartsuk.com

only took 3 days, despite them saying none were available for 10 days or so

also...if your getting the clutch...get the DMF too

i had to in the end

·
Registered
688 Posts
QUOTE(Gaz M @ 16 Dec 2009, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When i ordered mine it also said out of stock but it was with me within 3 days, Having it fit soon but reading the above maybe im taking a risk not ordering the DMF!?
if your,re just upgrading, the original flywheel should be ok,but if you,re changing because it is slipping,then i WOULD change the flywheelQUOTE(xrt @ 16 Dec 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers for the replies guys, but really looking to know if there are any available now.got mine fitted at torque of the devil,had no trouble getting one,give them a bell

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(hugo2631 @ 16 Dec 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Stupid question time!
But what difference does the
clutch make over the
one?

+1

Is it worth doing on a 30,000 mile, 2006 ST still on it's original clutch?

I do not have a LSD or anything of that nature - i.e. the transmission is all still stock.....

·
Registered
720 Posts
QUOTE(hugo2631 @ 16 Dec 2009, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Stupid question time!
But what difference does the
clutch make over the
one?

The RS clutch and flywheel would be guaranteed to handle any the increase in bhp from the mods to your ST, as the the RS is producing circa 300bhp standard.
A lot of people including myself are getting clutch slip from a basic remap.

·
Registered
648 Posts
simple

if your st clutch isnt brokened

dont fix it!!!!

mine was slipping

i ordered the rs bits

on fitting, it turned out the previous owner already fitted an rs clutch!!!!

but it was the DMF that was the cause...so they obviously sold it on (quite probably out of despair!! )

so i then had to wait 2-3 days for the fly....which is why i wished i ordered it all in the begining!!!!

just like wolfman told me to

·
Registered
67 Posts
Am I reading correctly, that the standard ST flywheel is the same as the RS? Because I'm up for clutch replacement in the next month or so, I'm in Australia so shipping a DMF over here is out of the question, but if I can get a flywheel from Ford Australia and the clutch parts from the UK i'd be laughing...

·
Vendor
2,677 Posts
QUOTE(furiousgibbon @ 23 Dec 2009, 05:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Am I reading correctly, that the standard ST flywheel is the same as the RS? Because I'm up for clutch replacement in the next month or so, I'm in Australia so shipping a DMF over here is out of the question, but if I can get a flywheel from Ford Australia and the clutch parts from the UK i'd be laughing...

The RS Flywheel is different (designed for higher torque) However the RS clutch will bolt onto the ST flywheel OK

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Does anyone know how much this upgrade costs? Im planning on getting the mountune upgrade in the new year so will I benefit as mountune doesn't put through as much torque as dreamscience etc

·
Registered
314 Posts
QUOTE(Andy_ST @ 23 Dec 2009, 10:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know how much this upgrade costs? Im planning on getting the mountune upgrade in the new year so will I benefit as mountune doesn't put through as much torque as dreamscience etc

RS Clutch kit? If so, i think profile were doing them fitted for extremley good price of about £900, thats the clutch and flywheel etc

·
Registered
675 Posts
Mines been slipping in 4th 5th and 6th today running Race map. Was wondering whether to put it into ford as its still under warranty?? Will they just fob me off??

Also, is there any special tools required for replacing the DMF and Clutch kit, I read somewhere that special Volvo tools are needed.

Lastly, can someone confirm all the part numbers required.

Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
QUOTE(chrisd @ 24 Dec 2009, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mines been slipping in 4th 5th and 6th today running Race map. Was wondering whether to put it into ford as its still under warranty?? Will they just fob me off??

Also, is there any special tools required for replacing the DMF and Clutch kit, I read somewhere that special Volvo tools are needed.

Lastly, can someone confirm all the part numbers required.

Thanks
does it still slip if you take the map off? you might find its ok then which case Fords won't do anything about it, the part numbers are as follows:

RS Clutch - 1670062
RS Flywheel - 15775135
and while your at it get a Clutch Slave Cylinder & Bearing - 1599267

1 - 20 of 26 Posts