Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
QUOTE(Foz @ 3 Feb 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If this is a repost, then admins please delete it!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpr...w_rs_twins.html

New RS with hybrid 350bhp engine, new ST with 240bhp.

The send off of the currrent model sounds good although at £5k with only 500 made i won't be getting my hands on 1.

I do however agree with the post made at the bottom of the article, the new version looks like a festa, however if they can make an ST that does 40mpg, i may be interested, however that would depend if it's a fun to drive and sounds as good as my current car.

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
i'll wait for official news from ford before i get too excited mate. auto express will photoshop anything to sell their magazine.
although i will add, i hope its true.

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(Shaun1979 @ 3 Feb 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The send off of the currrent model sounds good although at £5k with only 500 made i won't be getting my hands on 1.

I do however agree with the post made at the bottom of the article, the new version looks like a festa, however if they can make an ST that does 40mpg, i may be interested, however that would depend if it's a fun to drive and sounds as good as my current car.

if they're only £5k mate, i'll have two of them!

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
QUOTE(stingy @ 3 Feb 2010, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i'll wait for official news from ford before i get too excited mate. auto express will photoshop anything to sell their magazine.
although i will add, i hope its true.

totally agree, wouldn't believe anything till ford give offcial news.

The RS just looks like a fat fiesta mk7 with a spoiler

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I bought Auto Express today to read the article - all speculation as usual, their new RS looked good with facelift ST wheels photoshopped onto it

And not having bought said comic for some time I notice they're using cheaper paper for it now, which probably limit's it's usefulness once I've spent a whole 5 minutes reading everything that was actually interesting in it.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I will be honest a lot of the time this stuff does come to fruition..lets hope it is true! Certainly would explain the rumours regarding a "black" limited edition final RS, and also would explain why Mountune hasn't released its engine conversion yet, sorta makes sense doesn't it

As for the new Focus ST/RS...sounds interesting!

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
I like the idea of a farewell hardcore
version
, but I just do not like the new Focus whatsoever IMO.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
I very much doubt it will happen, not for another 10yrs and when I will be old enough to insure one

It does have the look of a Honda CTR from the rear though which I like

1 - 14 of 14 Posts