Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,394 Posts
Yeah, it is impressive, just no my thing, but then again, Japanese stuff never has been, you have to admire the build quality and reliability, but theres something about them that I cant put my finger on.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Did Toyota build it themselves this time, or did they get Subaru or BMW to build it, like the other two sports cars in their range, maybe they should stick to making boring run of the mill, all be it reliable, runarounds.
It was designed by Tommi Makinen Racing who run their WRC programme. Toyota are building the Yaris GR-4 road car.

Makinen himself is leaving his role as it's team principal at the end of 2020 and will be advising on the future Toyota motorsports projects and GR road cars.

https://toyotagazooracing.com/release/2020/other/0922-01.html

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Back on the Puma ST -

This month's CAR Magazine has a feature on it entitled, 'End of days for the hot hatch'.

Their opinion is it will now out-sell the Fiesta ST on which it's based.

How long before traditional hot-hatches are no longer produced ? The SUV/Crossover's are killing them.. :(

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I'm sure it drives very well... for an SUV.

But why would you want a Puma ST over a Focus ST or Fiesta ST, why ?

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,662 Posts
Is it just me but aren't these all starting to look the same? I can understand the Kuga obviously - but the Kia?!!?!?

t1.JPG t3.JPG t2.JPG

Still wouldn't have any of them!!

This is the only Ford Puma I would consider!!
Capture.JPG

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Giving the name to that road car was just wrong.

But I suppose having a WRC car with the Puma name is something

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st and a retro Chinese 125cc scrambler
1,699 Posts
Calling anything after the fox body a Mustang is a joke in my book, and most people will say it was all over after after 1973.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts