Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitted 4 new Michelin PS4's (18's) to the ST a few weeks back -- rears were original from early 2015, and down to under 3.5mm but showing small cracking on side-wall and almost 23k on the clock. Wanted them all to be the same brand and wasn't going for Goodyear again. A few friends had got PS4's and recommended them.

Been watching prices on several sites, but the surprise was Costco doing a special deal for July, where each tyre was £123.40 inc fitting. Beat everyone, including Black Circles @ £136 that week. Guys did a good job, balanced, new weights and they even rest the TPMS. Bonus of being round the corner from my work made it easier to drop off and collect after an hour or so.

Since my fronts were down to under 3mm (all that torque uses the tyres!!), it was time for the annual front tyre upgrade, and since i only have the car another 10 months, thought i'd splash out and really test these tyres on all journeys.

Results after a couple of long trips, and some spirited driving in the rain (some heavy), I should have put these on years ago!!! They are superb, and grip like hell, even with Bluefin tuning, these are great tyres in the wet, or the scorching heat. Will see what winter brings, usually the heavy TDCI engine helps, but the last few have been mild and wet rather than thick snow.

I'll keep an eye on them with the digital gauge and see what the wear is like.

:woohoo:

· Registered
4,749 Posts
Looking at tyres soon, PS4 is one I have to check out. Currently on Bridgestone RE003 so replacements have to be pretty darned good!

I would buy the RE003 again if nothing better value is available.

Sidewalls need to be firm or it's a big NO. Too many pot holes where I live and I do extreme mileage and treat them HARD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.