Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I took delivery of my 09 St3 on Wed and have a couple of questions.

Firstly where is the 6 cd changer? I thought it was under the front seat but I am struggling to find it. I did not specifically look for it when I bought the car but presumed it was there. It is not the end of the world if someone has taken it out as I will use an ipod/MP3 player.

Secondly I was given one fob, which contains a key, plus a spare key. Would there have been a second fob? If so I will contact the previous owner.

Many thanks for any help.

I am really pleased with the car, it can potter around town and feel very comfortable but once you open it up it changes character and becomes a very entertaining car.

Jim

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hi All

I took delivery of my 09 St3 on Wed and have a couple of questions.

Firstly where is the 6 cd changer? I thought it was under the front seat but I am struggling to find it. I did not specifically look for it when I bought the car but presumed it was there. It is not the end of the world if someone has taken it out as I will use an ipod/MP3 player.

Secondly I was given one fob, which contains a key, plus a spare key. Would there have been a second fob? If so I will contact the previous owner.

Many thanks for any help.

I am really pleased with the car, it can potter around town and feel very comfortable but once you open it up it changes character and becomes a very entertaining car.

Jim
Hi Jim

The 6 CD player is built into the unit just select load and load the CDs in.

Yes the car should of had 2 fobs contact the previous owner otherwise I would look at getting the configuration changed. Note your insurance won't pay out if the car is stolen using the keys so its very important you resolve this one

Glad your enjoying the car, won't be long before the modifications come especially if you spend too much time in here lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Adam,

I will follow up with the previous owner once I get the log book.

I just checked out the head unit and it's very simple, I feel as though I have had a Homer Simpson moment with that - doh!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Hi Jim :welcome

The 6 CD player is built into the unit just select load and load the CDs in.

he car should of had 2 fobs contact the previous owner otherwise I would look at getting the configuration changed. Note your insurance won't pay out if the car is stolen using the keys so its very important you resolve this one

Glad your enjoying the car, won't be long before the modifications come especially if you spend too much time in here lol
Mine only came with one fob and one key? Got told by the dealer that this was how it was with the ST. I'll be calling them and chasing it now!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only got one remote fob and one key too

buddy. I am sure you will love your
but soon has you start modding you will get hooked
I want to refrain from modding - mortgage, wife and 2 kids is the main limiting factor. I guess I might live to regret this post! I am very happy with the car at the moment in terms of performance but I guess I will get used to it. I have come from a bog standard Lotus Elise Mk1 so I am used to some performance, although once going the ST is certainly quicker, and I can fit the kids in it.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I want to refrain from modding - mortgage, wife and 2 kids is the main limiting factor. I guess I might live to regret this post! I am very happy with the car at the moment in terms of performance but I guess I will get used to it. I have come from a bog standard Lotus Elise Mk1 so I am used to some performance, although once going the ST is certainly quicker, and I can fit the kids in it.
I'm fairly sure I said the same thing when I bought mine in November. Remap, downpipe, CAIS and a rear diffuser later.... and it's fair to say that once you start it becomes a bit addictive!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Mine only came with one fob and one key? Got told by the dealer that this was how it was with the ST. I'll be calling them and chasing it now!!
I got two with mine a 10 plate facelift two fobs and one stand alone key ad from a main dealer best get on to them mate

·
Registered
731 Posts
A word of warning to those people who think they're secure because they received the correct number of keys when they bought the car - it doesn't mean there aren't more out there. I have four for mine now, yet if I sold the car and gave the buyer two fobs and the spare I'd still be able to get into the car and drive it away no problems. The first thing I always do when I get a car is get all keys wiped from the cars memory except for the ones I have.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
A word of warning to those people who think they're secure because they received the correct number of keys when they bought the car - it doesn't mean there aren't more out there. I have four for mine now, yet if I sold the car and gave the buyer two fobs and the spare I'd still be able to get into the car and drive it away no problems. The first thing I always do when I get a car is get all keys wiped from the cars memory except for the ones I have.
Good advice mate do fords do this if so do they charge much ?

·
Registered
731 Posts
They do but I find mobile auto locksmiths are a lot cheaper - plus they come to your house or where you work

Edit: I usually get a spare fob cut and programmed and get them to clear the memory as they do it.

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
4,188 Posts
I have two keys/fobs, but some cars may have been supplied with one key/fob and a simple key only.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts