Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Been lurking last few weeks while i found and bought my ST, advice i got here was very useful so now ive taken delivery of her ive paid my tenner and look forward to getting to the real juicy bits of the forum

Gone from a 03 Focus Ebony to a 57 Perf. Blue ST-2 .I did ummm and ahhh about spending the extra 2k and getting a post face lift but as i intend to put my own stamp on her long term i decided the money would be better spent on modifying.

Totally in love with my ST, ive driven some nice company cars in my time including an M3 and a merc S550 but the ST trounces them on pure fun and driving enjoyment, even pootling around town just the sheer feel of control makes me smile.

Was a bit naughty on Sunday morning and went for an enthusiastic drive at 7am (sticking to the prescribed speed limits of course) and managed to hit a patch of ice on the roundabout into hemel hempstead from the M1, but despite drifting round the roundabout like a japanese teenager i never felt like i didnt have full control of the car and come out the other side grinning from ear to ear.

Even the fuel consumption isnt as bad as i expected, where i can im (safely) having fun but in traffic im getting up the gears as quick as i can as getting 26mpg so far since i picked her up... according to the computer at least.

Look forward to getting to know you all and bugging you for noob advice and how to get the most out of my new toy.

·
Captain Slow
16,274 Posts
along to the club mate, glad your loving the

Once your membership has been upgraded you'll be able to view bucket loads of threads about modifying the car

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hehe yeah i guess 26mpg is a little embarassing (down to 25.3mpg this morning.. getting there!), but i have a secret weapon in the form of my Kia Soul owning girlfriend who I let experience what driving a real car is like if we are going somewhere together who then manages to stay off the turbo even on the slip roads onto the motorway... genius

...so if anyone spots a PB pre facelift doing 60mph in the middle lane of the southern part of the M1 with a bloke in the passenger seat hiding his head under his coat... thatll be me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.