Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Picked up my red 56 ST2 last week, first focus i have owned and have done a whole 20 miles in it because fo the snow! But so far seems nice.

I moved from a 350z as i now have my first child (8 weeks old) and needed something a touch bigger and practical as a 2nd car. I do have a few questions regarding it though and wonered if you guys could help me:

* i am unable to swtich off the pass airbag for a rear facing seat, read through the forum and apart from doing this yourself there isnt an option to ask ford to do any longer, is this correct?
* the silver cross car seat we have doesnt seem to fit the rear seats as the seatbelt doesnt stretch far enough. Is there a seat anyone could recommend that is smaller. This seat could stay in the car perm as it will only be until July before he is in forward facing.
* the stereo is a 6000cd and it has an aux button, is there a aux slot in the car for a ipod etc.
* the stereo also has a phone button, is this just for muting?
* any recommendations on a bluetooth kit? and sat nav?

Think thats my lot for now! your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
* i am unable to swtich off the pass airbag for a rear facing seat, read through the forum and apart from doing this yourself there isnt an option to ask ford to do any longer, is this correct?
Speak to your dealer, have about £100-£130 ready. I did one for a custoer the other month, there were a few software issues - but we got there in the end.

* the stereo is a 6000cd and it has an aux button, is there a aux slot in the car for a ipod etc.
There might be one in the glove box, (top left corner), it's a grey disk, and takes a 3.5mm jack. If not, you can order them form your ford parts counter. - Simple plug into the back of the stereo. (£15-£20)

* the stereo also has a phone button, is this just for muting?
On some models it's bluetooth, if you press the button, and get the word 'mute', you don't have bluetooth, if you get 'phone unavailable', you have bluetooth.

* any recommendations on a bluetooth kit? and sat nav?
I'd go with the nokia, for a cheap solution, (£100) good for incoming calls. Or the parrot system, which comes with a screen - so you can store numbers etc. (£200)

Don't forget to sign up here, you'll save loads of money in the first month alone!

(ooh, and sign upto the new lottery syndicate too).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts