Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to say hi to everyone on the forum and put up my first post!

I brought an 06 Sea Grey ST a few months ago which I am having alot of fun with. I moved on from a E46 325i as I wanted a hatch back and a bigger boot (due to another addition to the family). The ST is perfect for what I need, it carries all the family gear, yet its great to drive when I'm on my own and fancy thrash!

Even though the ST is brilliant to start with I couldn't wait to get it remapped, so after a few weeks of research I finally ordered the Dreamscience dsci software. Delivered Tuesday and downloaded the Race+ map and I must say its awesome
!!! I had a remapped Impreza Turbo about 5 years ago but the ST just seems so much quicker! Decided to download the DSCI map today and its even better than Race+, just keeps pulling and pulling! The only problem I have now is that I get clutch slip in 6th at low revs, definatley way too much torque for the standard clutch! I may change to the Performance map and see how that goes. The wife would kill me if I had to folk out for a new clutch!

Anyway, I hope everyone has had a great Christmas

·
Registered
773 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and on behalf of the Regional Rep, Storm (currently stuck on nights on Christmas Day!), welcome to the East of England Region too!

Glad you are enjoying the car and hopefully you'll come to a regional meet soon!!

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Welcome to the club mate, have a look about theres loads on here about the clutch/DS issues, got to agree about the DSCi being the best map though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ive got the Dsci on at the moment might downgrade to Race+. im sure your already aware of this but make sure ESP is off though as it interferes with traction control.

As for clutch slipping, i dont know about anyone else but i have serious tyre gripping issues at the moment. Seems the ST really doesnt like these gritted roads one bit
roll on summer

P.S.
to the club

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(Storm @ 29 Dec 2009, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome to the site...

You need to change your region from " London & South East " to " East of England " (unless of course you want to be part of that region!
)

Good point! Have now changed it to "East of England".

Cheers for that

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Matty ST-3 @ 29 Dec 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ive got the Dsci on at the moment might downgrade to Race+. im sure your already aware of this but make sure ESP is off though as it interferes with traction control.

As for clutch slipping, i dont know about anyone else but i have serious tyre gripping issues at the moment. Seems the ST really doesnt like these gritted roads one bit
roll on summer

P.S.
to the club

Hi Matty! Yeah the ESP doesn't like the extra power so I always turn it off when I remember to, but as you said, with these weather conditions the wheels just spin up! Definatley looking forward to the summer though so I can take it for a proper drive

I was meaning to swap from dsci to perf+ today but left it on and funny enough I did not experience any clutch slip. I have been reading alot about this on the forum and one of the potential causes is the freezing weather generating more torque. Today was slightly warmer than when I did experience it so maybe it is down to this. I better not mod any further though or I will have to upgrade the clutch!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Cobby
Where abouts in Cambs are you. I live in Over and got an frozen White DS Eibachs etc and Ive a mate in my village with simular mods.

Ady

1 - 20 of 23 Posts