some of my previous motors.

corolla tsport

Fabia vrs

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE(Donna @ 16 Feb 2010, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hiya and
to the
clubAre those gun shot holes in the Corolla?
well long story...wheel came off the corolla (snapped / overtightened studs) and knackered the wing so i just added some vinyl gunshots to add to the effect:Lalso had an ek9 with a B18c engine in it before xmas which ended up on its roof :(oh and im looking to map the ST....is bluefin okay?and any turbo / clutch problems after a remap...after something mild?or is custom the best way to go..just want to get a remap and leave it be

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
welcome to the club mate.

tasty fabia you had there. bet it was easy on the motion lotion, compared to your new

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
QUOTE(BigJase @ 16 Feb 2010, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well long story...wheel came off the corolla (snapped / overtightened studs) and knackered the wing so i just added some vinyl gunshots to add to the effect:Lalso had an ek9 with a B18c engine in it before xmas which ended up on its roof :(oh and im looking to map the ST....is bluefin okay?and any turbo / clutch problems after a remap...after something mild?or is custom the best way to go..just want to get a remap and leave it be

at least my eyes weren't deceiving me!

As for a remap, quite a few members on here are running bluefin, but you will also hear good things about Dreamscience, Code Red, Mountune - personally I have a Pumabuild map on mine.

If you haven't already, get yourself signed up as an Owner Member (£10 bargain!) and you can read all about the different maps available

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its just the clutch / turbo im worried about as the fabia vrs's chewed turbo's and clutches when mapped.

If the focus has a relatively strong OEM clutch and Turbo i think i'll just choose Bluefin

??

p.s im tight... will have to save pennies for Membership

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE(weSTie @ 16 Feb 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>welcome to the club mate
quiet like the look of the vrs

yeah im not biased or anything but was the nicest fabia i've seen with my eyes...

my friend has the yellow ex star performance fabia vrs

brembo's
kw coilovers
full miltek
bmc
fmic
hybrid turbo

230bhp and 60+ mpg... and it will prob beat my st...

mines and his

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well went to test drive the focus today

and all was not well

turbo kicked in as you'd expect....

then hit 4 k .... boost guage hit the red and it just stopped.... was like hitting a brick wall.... was the same in every gear
so i suspect a bust turbo....

so i walked away... AVOID!!

HOWEVER

i went up to Glasgow and picked up an 06 with 33k ST3 with the heated leathers in blue for

£10,500
years warranty
just serviced
years mot
and years tax
tank of fuel too

collect tuesday

every cloud has a silver lining

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal there, hopefully it works out better than the other one!

Wherebouts in dumfries you from, I'll prob not be too far away from you!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts