Ford Focus ST Forum banner

New Hybrid ST Transplant Member intro

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Alb 
#1 ·
Hello all.
I am looking to pick the brains of any members who might be able to offer assistance with my ST Hybrid query.
I have a 2020 LWB 1.5 diesel 120BHP Transit Connect that I want to change to a performance van as well as being my practical van. This motor is my daily use vehicle doing well over 30K a year all over the UK so is not going to be a "For Show" only.
Talked to Devil Developments, Pumaspeed, about engine swaps initially about an RS500 with ST 250 gearbox, and whilst they seem to agree that the physical engine transplant is fairly straight forward, the ECU issues are where they are not happy. Insurance proving a problem too. So now looking at a possible ST 4 280BHP Engine & Gearbox or if really pushed with no other option the ST Diesel if it makes the transplant an easier change or to hear from any members who could offer mods to take me up to the 250BHP with what is in the motor.
LIve in S Yorkshire so local groups etc would also be welcome to meet up and discuss.

Look forward to any replies that might move me forward.

Will look at uploading some images when I work out how to do it as the wrap makes it stand out wherever it is in UK, always welcome a blow on the horn while you are passing me by.

Baza

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.