Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I鈥檓 looking to but an ST and usually forums are a good place to see what real people think about what to go for so here I am 馃槵

currently own a 2wd Sapphire Cosworth and borrowing my brothers Mk2 facelift ST3. That鈥檚 a little too thirsty for someone I鈥檓 planning to drive everyday so looking on advice for a mk3 really if you have any opinions of what to look out for?

Looking at going to see this one this week:

Registered
Welcome @jaycan991 :)

Depends what you鈥檙e after, as said above I wouldn鈥檛 over look the mk3 diesel ST, it鈥檚 not exactly a slouch especially after being tuned etc. which by the looks of it you鈥檙e certainly open to doing. Eg, I pay 拢20 tax, cheaper insurance in general and tbh fuel isn鈥檛 too bad but again depends how it鈥檚 driven. BUT if you can afford it go for the petrol if you鈥檙e after performance.

For the above car if it was me I鈥檇 want to know more about what it鈥檚 had done as it鈥檚 clearly modified (not saying it鈥檚 a bad thing!) Clearly got an induction kit and aftermarket exhaust.
Missing a service stamp, which I鈥檇 be wondering has it been cared for? Could be something and nothing though.

Registered
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
My advice would be, go for the one with good history and condition, mileage isn鈥檛 much of a concern imho, as long as the car has been well cared for, try for the best spec you can, preferably ST3, colour can dictate higher price, such as tangerine scream, which is the ST signature colour, I currently get between 32-35mpg average per week, on a mostly stock petrol ST3, that鈥檚 rural and town driving, so they can be pretty good, if you鈥檙e gentle with them, if you do get a petrol, I would highly recommend a catch can, to reduce inlet valve, carbon buildup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts