Ford Focus ST Forum banner

New Ford Focus St

1K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  tompeters 
#1 ·
Has anyone heard or got info about the propsed new Ford Focus ST. All I've heard is that it'll be a completely new shape with 260bhp.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not sure about a new shape, but they are dropping the ST1 and packing nearly all of the optional extras as standard fit into the ST3, I haven't heard about upping the power to 160 (Edit 260!)though, might be a dealer offered Mountune. It is going to come with black alloys as standard. I mentioned to a dealer the possibility posted elsewhere on the forum that including all optional extras in the top car might spell the end for the model. He said he would be very surprised if Ford ended Focus production to introduce a replacement model as it has been and remains a massively popular car across Europe. I suppose they could redesign the ST, but then it might not be a Focus

#10 ·
From the 70's Ford cars got better and more power after time 39 years on and i think that what can Ford do now. I honestly cant see what will be next ST 170 - RS 212 - St 225 -RS 300? ST 260 this will be well more than 20,000. Besides why would you want a focus ST at 260 when you could get an RS.

#11 ·
Looking at the rest of the up and coming hot hach market, 260 bhp is about the norm (audi s3, mazda 3mps, megane R25, Golf R etc). I wouldn't be suprised if Ford drop the 2.5T volvo lump. Although its a fantastic engine with great character and sound, most competitors use a 2.0T unit now. Ford could make the same BHP but vastly improve mpg/CO2 to fit in with th Euro V rules.

I hope they keep the 2.5 though.

Detritus.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE(Adamski @ 23 Nov 2009, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nooooooooooo! Why? Why can't they just take the current engine and develop it to make it more efficient? It's a legendary engine!

Because Ford have been, and are still, trying to disentangle themselves from Volvo.

Volvo is the only remaining brand in the Ford "Premier Automotive Group", and it has been known since December 2008 that Ford are actively considering selling it.

Apparently there aren't a whole bunch of people queuing up to buy Volvo, but talks are ongoing with a consortium led by Geely Group Holdings.

I would imagine the removal of the Volvo lump from a Ford badged car is but one of many tasks on a very long list of "things to do" before Volvo can be easily offloaded.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the RS which, as we know, uses the same Volvo lump, should Volvo finally be sold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.