Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps

I bought a Focus st mk4 on Monday night for the girlfriend. Well tonight have i started the sacred 1st clean wheels off etc.

I have noticed 3 of the wheels are badly flat spotted on the inside rim I am really just wondering where i stand with this?

I have noticed a little shudder at 60/70 but put it down to budget tyres that has been fitted which i have booked in tomorrow for michelins. I am just a bit concerned i will be left to foot the bill for new wheels.

I will speak to the dealer regarding the issue.

Sorry for the rambling

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,415 Posts
Car should be fit for purpose, damaged wheels could be construed as dangerous, so yes you have the right to take it back, if they wont replace them, get your money back and find another.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,452 Posts
Although it's perfectly possible that early cars could be on their second set of tyres, it still seems odd that anyone would put ditchfinders on such a new car.

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,415 Posts
Its possible all the original tyres were damaged the same time the wheels were, so they fitted cheapies just to sell it, must have been a big pot hole.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Who would fit budget tyres to a performance car... yep, a dealer would. I'd have the toe, chamber and get 4 wheeled laser tracking alignment checked aswell, it might through something up. 🤔

1 - 10 of 10 Posts