Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I posted earlier in the week to say hi and now the wifes car is here. Made up with drives so smooth compared to the raw feel of my RS. Here is a couple of pics.

And here is a couple of my RS

·
Registered
282 Posts
nice looking pair (ooohhh errr)

Can you do a bit of a summary of both - as I have an ST but half thinking of getting a cheap RS if I sell the ST - but worried its a backward step.

had cossies for years so know about raw power - just wondered if the RS is like the cossies - aggressive and more difficult to drive

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(woodside @ 8 Nov 2009, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice looking pair (ooohhh errr)

Can you do a bit of a summary of both - as I have an ST but half thinking of getting a cheap RS if I sell the ST - but worried its a backward step.

had cossies for years so know about raw power - just wondered if the RS is like the cossies - aggressive and more difficult to drive

After having driven the ST all weekend you can't compare the drive really as they are quite different.

The ST is great for driving every day. Smooth, quiet and does it all very easily in its standard form.

The RS is modded to 300bhp & 330lb/ft torque and has that exciting edge of torque steer to it. The ride is quite firm but it sticks to the road like glue and it seems to go around corners at what ever speed you like.

So all in all i think the ST is a better car to drive every day.

The RS is what i want it to be a fun drive to take to shows and out on the odd sunny day we get. It has that adrenelin rush to it that you get from not driving it every day. The rest of the time its is polished put under its classic additions cover and locked away in the garage.

If you get one you wont regret it but i think they are two different animals. Both great fun.

After all we all have the same thing at heart the love of the Blue oval.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Very nice matey...I see your ST is on a 57 plate, from your interior shot I see you seem to have the old Sony head unit fitted and from what I can make out the old green dash display, Im sure this changed from 07 plates onwards?

Nick

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(morty1970 @ 8 Nov 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice matey...I see your ST is on a 57 plate, from your interior shot I see you seem to have the old Sony head unit fitted and from what I can make out the old green dash display, Im sure this changed from 07 plates onwards?

Nick

Has it ?. Wouldn't really have a clue but it does sound nice though.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Two stunning looking Fords

QUOTE(morty1970 @ 8 Nov 2009, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice matey...I see your ST is on a 57 plate, from your interior shot I see you seem to have the old Sony head unit fitted and from what I can make out the old green dash display, Im sure this changed from 07 plates onwards?
Nick

I noticed this too Nick, I guess this
was later being registered?

mrsimmers --> I don't think there is any difference in the sound of the two different stereos, just the look, and I agree that as a standard stereo it sounds pretty good

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Yes, mine was registered in August 07 & has the red dash display.Yours must have just been an earlier build that took a few months to get registered.

Two great looking cars you have there.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Done a couple of searches and have seen pics of the two types now.

They both do the same job so not to worry.

Mine was registered on 13/9/07 so maybee it sat in the dealers for a while before being registered.

The wife let me have ago in it yesterday and im very impressed with it. What a great idea to buy her a car that i wanted as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts