Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me, I quite like it, and I'm not normally big on BMW. All the lips and bumps just look perfect. And in everyone's favourite colour too (do they do it in PB?)

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(vladSTer @ 17 Nov 2009, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>it is a great car but do they really want to compete with GT3 RS? If i were in the market for such car i'd go with GT3 every time.
I may be wrong but the BMW looks like it would almost be daily-usable, the Porsche less-so. For a track car the Porsche would be a fantastic car but you would have to have something else too for getting to work in, really.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
QUOTE(Daz07 @ 16 Nov 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I may be wrong but the BMW looks like it would almost be daily-usable, the Porsche less-so. For a track car the Porsche would be a fantastic car but you would have to have something else too for getting to work in, really.

At that price level practicality is less important. If you shelling out 100k on a car you can probably find another 10k for mondeo estate. They do look like equally practical though[or impractical, depending which way you want to look at it], both two-seater, both with built-in scaffolding and bucket seats.

The M3 GTS interior:

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part
Car Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle

The new GT3 RS:

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Window

Attachments

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
It's priced against the GT3 not a GT3RS and expected to be circa £85k in the UK, not over £100k as per title. Porsche themselves are trying to distinguish the GT3/GT3RS.

The GT3RS and M3 GTS are essentially homologation specials. The M3 GTR VLN race car was unveiled the same month as the GTS road car.

E92 M3 GTR VLN race car, photographs courtesy of Jochen.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts