Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all have started a new post as I have sorted out my old car and got a new one but this does not have to mountune kit

Can you wise and knowledgeable people tell me what my options are please I loved the sound and the noise of this kit but I think it is about £1500 which seams alot, so help would be appreciated... Thanks all and I apologize if I should have just tagged this onto my last post..

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
QUOTE(darrenx @ 1 Dec 2009, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all have started a new post as I have sorted out my old car and got a new one but this does not have to mountune kit

Can you wise and knowledgeable people tell me what my options are please I loved the sound and the noise of this kit but I think it is about £1500 which seams alot, so help would be appreciated... Thanks all and I apologize if I should have just tagged this onto my last post..

Buy a dreamscience device now, that will liven things up

Then as the weather gets warmer add a IC and Dsci Induction kit, if you liked the sound of the K&N that was on the last one (it wasnt a Mountune car you had) you will love that

Then add the DS exhaust all in all it will cost £2000 over time but will give you 300HP and a lot of choices

·
Registered
252 Posts
Or visit Kernahan of Witney as they're still supplying and fitting the Mountune ST260 for about £1100 IIRC.

A Ronseal get what you pay for upgrade where you'll know exactly what you're getting each and every time you put your foot down, arguably the most rounded calibration out there, and of course the perk of the warranty, too.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hi Darren. My Advice would be this. The Mountune kit, from what I gather, is an awesome piece of kit and doesn't need much added to it as it's a complete package. New bits are coming from Mountune to add on but in drips and drabs so you shouldn't find yourself constantly upgrading all the time to keep up.

If you go down one of the other tuning routes it will probably go like this - remap, cat back exhaust, induction kit, intercooler, sports cat, downpipe, uprated remap etc... It might not be in that exact order but you will get your head around what else you could get and before you know it the credit card will be out again

Although the Mountune sounds expensive to begin with you may find yourself spending less in the long run if you go down that route.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
QUOTE(alexk1985 @ 2 Dec 2009, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Although the Mountune sounds expensive to begin with you may find yourself spending less in the long run if you go down that route.

got to agree with that

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
QUOTE(alexk1985 @ 2 Dec 2009, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Darren. My Advice would be this. The Mountune kit, from what I gather, is an awesome piece of kit and doesn't need much added to it as it's a complete package. New bits are coming from Mountune to add on but in drips and drabs so you shouldn't find yourself constantly upgrading all the time to keep up.

If you go down one of the other tuning routes it will probably go like this - remap, cat back exhaust, induction kit, intercooler, sports cat, downpipe, uprated remap etc... It might not be in that exact order but you will get your head around what else you could get and before you know it the credit card will be out again

Although the Mountune sounds expensive to begin with you may find yourself spending less in the long run if you go down that route.

It's never ending I know. Always something else you want (read: need). I have a K&N Gen II and I want the DSCi Induction kit, I need the updated remap... Then I need to get the Eibachs on and the RARB...

That should be it then.... But then I'd want a Quaife LSD and I might as well get the RS clutch installed whilst the box is out.

Expensive

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
god this all sounds so expensive... where is the best place Middlesbrough way to get some of the bits on here and to fit them?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have to agree with the majority. I'm very glad i went for the Mountune Kit. And when you think about it, it really isn't very expensive at all, it gets to 100 mph quicker than most of the £30,000 sports cars . . . and the RS if EVO is to be believed!! (which in my opinion it is). And they have bought out an awesome sounding exhaust, some really nice wheels and a new diff which you could add if you wanted but none of them are vital to the main 260 conversion so you will pay around £1150 once, keep your ford warranty and go
quickly!! Lol. It's a good way to go mate, from one Darren to another!! ;-)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
You can pick up a second hand DS unit for 250-300 quid. The weather's cool enough now for the standard intercooler. If you wanted the K&N panel filter they are about 30 quid so I'd go down that route

250 quid and you're laughing

·
Dreamscience Flash
2,446 Posts
QUOTE(darrenx @ 2 Dec 2009, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all have started a new post as I have sorted out my old car and got a new one but this does not have to mountune kit

Hi Sir

This seems to be a popular option by alot on here, and it includes our all new dsci Cat back design which seems to be flavour of the month.

http://www.dreamscience-automotive.co.uk/f...ing-upgrade.php

All the best

[email protected]

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi mate, the Dreamscience stage 2 upgrade for 1400 - ish, will give you, cat back, ic, cais and a nice DCSI platform with plenty of tunes to play with mate and they will even put in on the rollers for you, not bad for 280 BHP+ you will get from this. I did it and I haven't looked back - I do have a Mountune Cat back and it does sound awsome though!!!!!!!

Which ever tune you go for you will be very happy with it - I can promise you that

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
QUOTE(darrenx @ 2 Dec 2009, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>god this all sounds so expensive... where is the best place Middlesbrough way to get some of the bits on here and to fit them?
no where in boro to buy anything mate, mostly online order and get fitted yourself or other places to supply and fit are a couple of hours away, giv me a shout if you need any help

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,072 Posts
QUOTE(Simo @ 2 Dec 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can pick up a second hand DS unit for 250-300 quid. The weather's cool enough now for the standard intercooler. If you wanted the K&N panel filter they are about 30 quid so I'd go down that route

250 quid and you're laughing

I got a DS Strategem (4 lives) and a new K&N for £325 all in

Brilliant VFM performance upgrade

1 - 13 of 13 Posts